cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive RFC use in test/dev systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Adaptive RFC model requires a msg.server for metadata. Does that mean it can't be used in test/dev system where there is only an app server? I find that hard to believe.

Secondly, during the creation of JCO Connections in the webdnypro content admin tool, the drop down boxes for message server and application server are empty. where is this data defined? saplogon.ini + ...drivers/etc/services files were copied to the WAS/SLD host machine.

Furthermore, is the Adaptive RFC the best way to use SAP data (called from function modules) in a webdynpro?

Thanks,

faB.

Message was edited by: faB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Even in development system you have centrall services, and as part of this you have a message server. So you can use Adaptive RFC model in development sysetems without any problem.

2.Regarding you second question: you should define you application system in SLD before using JCO destinations. Just search for SLD in this forum and you will fine the how to configure it.

3. AFAIK, Adaptive RDC model <b>is</b> the best way (it's better to say the <b>proper</b> way) to use your SAP application system in the WAS context.

Hope it helps.

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks. The advice found here and withing similar posts got me around the problem.

faB

senthil_kumar29
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where to define message server settings.

I tried in JCO creation settings it is still empty.

Cheers,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your second Q:

To get the JCO destination in the content admin tool got "host:port/webdynpro/welcome/Welcome.jsp" configure your JCO msg & app server then you can these in the dropdown.

Cheers,

Kumar