cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send data to RFC Destination(RFC SENDER Adapter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Scenario: R/3 Backendà RFC Sender Adapterà XIàsome other system.

I have configured the RFC destination (of the type TCP/IP) at R/3 System and have registered the Program ID (specified in the RFC destination) in the XI server and using it in the configuration parameters of the RFC Sender Adapter.

Problem: I do not know how I can send data to the RFC destination. (Should I use a report program/ ABAP Function Module?) Can anybody provide me with a sample code of Report Program/Function module (whichever is required), how to send data to the RFC Destination, so that it may be picked up by my RFC Sender Adapter.

Thanks and Regards,

Siva Maranani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Search the forum for RFC Sender Adapter. I have given detailed steps for configuring destination in R/3 system for a message posted by me here.

Other contributors have also given pseudo code for creating function for that post.

Let me know if you face any problems.

sachin kotalwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one query for you that

I am trying to develop a scenario in SAP XI

SAP R/3 ( RFC function module) sends a synchronous request to the XI and SAP XI will send this request to a third party web application using HTTP receiver adapter.

I am able to send the data/message and it is successfully received at the third party web application.

But I am facing one issue that I am unable to receive any message/data in my RFC module back.i have seen in sxmb_moni that the two messages are displayed in successfuly processed but in SAP R/3 side nothing get happedned

Can you tell me how to use some waiting mechanism in function module to wait for the response from SAP XI.

Regards

Gopesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopesh,

Was your problem solved?

Even i have a same scenario like yours.

I am also sending some data from R/3 using RFC (sync) to XI and than to a portal using HTTP and i need a response back in R/3.

Please help

Regards,

Mayank

p_vanos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

For the quickest test solution you can use an RFC enabled function module in transaction SE37 and press the test/execute button (F8). There you can enter your parameters and most important the destination.

Make sure you have imported the RFC in the repository and made the correct settings in de Directory. If the settings in the repository/directory contains errors, you will probably get a shortdump in the sending SAP system and will not see the message appear in the monitor: SXMB_MONI.

Hope this helps a little!

Cheers,

Paul

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

CALL FUNCTION 'MyFunction' "capital letters

DESTINATION 'MyDestination' "capital letters

EXPORTING ...

IMPORTIN ... "if synchron

IN BACKGROUND TASK "if asynchron