cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating FPM Application for ESS/MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any other way to create the FPM Application in the portal other than using the FPM Application Editor/Wizard in the portal?

Our FPM Application Editor/Wizard seems to be broken, I cannot even looked at SAP standard application. When the FPM Application editor openned an existing application, I am getting the exception page:

<b>500 Internal Server Error</b>

<b>Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator. </b>

Exception trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.xss.config.PcdNamingUtil.removePcdPrefixFromId(PcdNamingUtil.java:22)

at com.sap.xss.cfg.edt.FPMApplicationEditor.doInit(FPMApplicationEditor.java:552)

at com.sap.xss.cfg.edt.wdp.InternalFPMApplicationEditor.doInit(InternalFPMApplicationEditor.java:430)

at com.sap.xss.cfg.edt.InconsistentObjectExceptionView.doInit(InconsistentObjectExceptionView.java:174)

at com.sap.xss.cfg.edt.InconsistentObjectExceptionView.wdDoInit(InconsistentObjectExceptionView.java:100)

When I tried to create a new FPM application, I have the first page where we enter the application name and application id, then I have this error:

<b> An internal error occured: String index out of range: -4. </b>

Please let me know if anybody has the same problem before. All helps are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

<u>Ti.</u>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HirokoAR
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the configuration for appintegrator as follows.

1)Service Configuration

System Administrarion>System Configuration>Service Configuration>Applications>com.sap.portal.appintegrator>Services>Common_Configuration>

Use_CustomExit_ParameterProvider > true

2)Service Restart

right mouse click on "com.sap.portal.appintegrator" > Administrate

restart

Best Regards,

Hiroko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the post. This resolved our issue too.