cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot change PO's in SRM due to system copy/ logical system error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All-

We are running SRM extended classic scenario. We would like to change PO's that have been created in our production system, but copied to another environment. We are trying to change these PO's in the copied system but are getting error messages in the process purchase orders transaction in SRM, and are not allowed to change the PO's. The message reads "purchase order contains items with different logical systems". Our basis team changes the logical systems as part of our system copies. Has anyone experienced this? I this part of standard SAP functionality? Are their logical systems in any of the transactional data(PO) tables that we need to change?

Also, we are deleting the material group/product hierarchy in comm_hierarchy as part of our system copy tasks because the material groups each have a GUI ID that is system dependent. Could this have something to do with our issue? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Run BBP_PD transaction and you will find that the backend logical system names (R/3 / FI) are stored in the PO tables. This is the reason for ur error messages. You can change these values using Doc change Badi or maintain these in SM30 (if allowed). Hope this helps. By the way, r u at CA.

John Rathinam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey John,

Yes I'm still at CA. How are you?

I checked bbp_pd and the logical systems are changed correctly to the copied system, not set to production. Am I missing something here? Should they be set to production logical system names even though I am trying to change the PO in the copied system?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the note 765018 is applicable!

Robert