cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Installation

0 Kudos

I need to install a SLD based on NW 2004S. I understand that the SLD is part of NetWeaver and there is not a separate install kit. So how do I get a stand alone SLD?

<b>We currently run:</b>

ECC 5.0 NetWeaver 2004 WEBAS 640

<b>I will be installing:</b>

Solution Manager 4.0 based on NW2004s

Because of patching issues I want the SLD separate from the Solution Manager system.

Any idea what install kit to use?

Thanks,

Diane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0d7c290-0201-0010-bbaa-d8f...

Chapter 2:

Installation Scenarios of SLD

Single SLD server

Distributed SLD Servers

Dedicated SLD Server for a System Island

SLD Server with SAP Exchange Infrastructure

0 Kudos

I appreciate the information, I have already printed this document. I understand the different scenarios, I just don't understand how to get that single SLD server installed, which installation kit to use? I know there is an option to install it with Solution Manager but I don't want it within the Solution Manager system. The XI section states that it contains an older version of SLD. I would like the most recent SLD 7.0, so what install kit do I use?

Thanks,

Diane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diane

I was under the impression you do a Java Standalone install to get the SLD (from the Netweaver install DVDs)

It may even be under Netweaver Components Running on Java in the sapsint menu

We have an ABAP+Java All in one install...

You should have a specific Java DVD amongst your selection of install dvds....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barry is correct. The SLD is a standard part of a Java installation. A Java only installation should be a part of sapinst options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you install NW2004S SR1 (ABAP and Java Add-on) during install you will be asked to configure SLD. Don't forget also to select EP. That would be sufficient to have SLD as a standalone solution, as a part of NW Administration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

EP is not a requirement for installation or administration of a standalone SLD.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt

I understand Standalone SLD installation is recommended always.

Between Standalone Web AS Java, and Standalone Web AS Java + ABAP which one is recommended to install SLD?

If we want to install SLD on Standalone Web AS Java installation then I understand we need to install SAP Gateway etc from Presentation CD and also we need to do some extra work on setting up Security roles etc.

Would you recommend installing SLD on a WebAS ABAP + Java platform ? Are there any distinct advantages in doing so? Can you please compare pros and cons between the two options?

Thanks in advance.

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

Fortunately such a document has already been produced. The pros and cons of the various SLD topology options can be found in the SLD Planning Guide availble on the Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/sld (middle of the page).

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could not find 'Configuration' Section in the installation guides that you have mentioned. Can you verify or provide a link to the PDF file?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) -> Installation. At the bottom of this page there is a section called "Configuration". Expand it and you will find "Post-Installation Guide - SLD of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ".

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you require to install standalone SLD then give me u r email id.

I will forward the steps to configure the standalone SLD.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a good procedure, then it should be shared with the SDN community, not privately emailed.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamlesh...

Would you like help me with this issue... I need to configure or install I don't know.. the SDL... when I try to check this one in the Portal Content Administrator, I just see a popup windows without a hostname user...

Thanks a lot... my email is: <email address removed by moderator>

Hernan Restrepo C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlesh

Could you please send me a step-by-step guide to install a standalone SLD?

We didn't install the SLD and now we need one.

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards

mik

Former Member
0 Kudos

my email is "<email address deleted by moderator>"

Former Member
0 Kudos

test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MIK,

As stated earlier in the thread, the SLD is part of every Java engine. Installation guides can be found on the Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/instguides. Located there under "Configuration" is a post-installation guide for the SLD that gives step-by-step information.

Best Regards,

Matt