cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Library Error for a partucular user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am facing a typical problem , that SAP Library help is not opening for a partucualr user .

The error messsage is while opening Help --> SAP Lirary is " No documentation Available " .

Whereas the same is openig fin for other users in the same instance .

I tried to copy a dummy user from that user and foud that in dummy user also that SAP Library Help is opening .

Only problem is in that one particualr id .

Are any other settings to be checked for user to open the SAP Library help.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Dhaval..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I am having the same problem. Very few people in my organization can get the library and the people who can't get different error messages. The error message I get is as follows:

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

What you can try:

Retype the address.

EDIT: It is computer specific for my problem. Meaning, I can't get the library on my computer but I can get it on another computer. Likewise the owner of the "good" computer can get it on his but not on mine. This leads me to believe that it is a configuration problem specific to the computer but I don't know where to begin my investigation.

Message was edited by: Aaron Shover

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What settings do you have in your SAP Library configuration (transaction SR13) ?

Is it happening for a particular user regardless on what machine he is working ?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike ,

Yes it is happenig for a particualr user regardless on what machine he is working.

Regards

Dhaval..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out what was going on in my instance. I suggest that you try it for your problem and see if it works. I had to edit the registry. You can paste the following text into notepad, or any text editor, and save it with the .reg extension. Then import that file into regedit.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x\HHRestrictions]

"MaxAllowedZone"=dword:00000001

"EnableFrameNavigationInSafeMode"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x\ItssRestrictions]

"MaxAllowedZone"=dword:00000001

I also had to take other step because our servers are controlled by Novel so MS does not see them as being local servers. To get through this problem I simply added the servers into the local sites by doing the following:

Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> [click on local intranet] -> Sites [button] -> Advanced [button]. Then I added the server which stores the help files ex: "file://admin".

Following are some resources I used to figure out the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896054

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896358

I hope this helps!