cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/mail/Message violates loader constraint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SAP Netweaver WAS 6.4 Sp9 as well as SP16. I was deploying a web apllication bundled with the required jars on WAS it worked fine. But now when I try to unbundle the jars by specifying the jars in the classpath while deploying the web application it is giving this error:

Application error occurred during request processing.

Details: java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/mail/Message violates loader constraints

Exception id: [000C296683670045000002A5000010B40004208DCD5F3CA0]

The problem is that nothing can be analysed using the code as the logs fail to orgiginate after a specific point and there seems to be nothing wrong with the code as the application worked fine when it was deployed bundled with jars.

I have trying everything on it , but no avail.

Please guide me on this ASAP and also whats the reason for it as the same web application is working fine on other application servers (ex Weblogic) with jars specified in the classpath.

Thanks in advance,.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Can you please clarify how are you specifying the jars in the application classpath exactly and which version of javamail are you using?

Keep in mind the javamail library is coming with the j2ee engine as well and all applications have a reference to the j2ee engine provided jar file by default.

I assume the LinkageError means that there is some conflict between the engine provided classes and the one that you try to specify on the classpath, but without further details on how exactly are you changing the application it is hard to give a solution right away.

Greetings, Myriana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I am deploying my web application using the deploy tool and specifying the classapth through the Deployer->Descriptor->Extra Information->Property tab.

I am specifying mail.jar and mailapi.jar in the classpath.

I hope you require this information. Do let me know if you require any other information.

regards,

Manish