cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSD external definition into datatype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

I would like define a datatype in XI composed by an external .XSD structure and a selfdefined element (with subelement).

It's possible ?

Thank's a lot a nice day.

MAti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define a data type in XI composed bye an external .XSD structure - it is possible. You need to use the .XSD file and import the structure in a data type.

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Than you,

I known that but my question is if I could in the same datatype a external definition and another ("normal") datatype including.

Thank's a lot

MAti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like you want to add in / modify the external definition in XI by adding additional datatype into it.

By default XI doesn't allow you to modify External XSD. You need to spoof XI for that.

1. Create a datatype in XI and export it.

2. Copy the contents of the external XSD into the one you exported from XI

3. Import back the modified xsd into XI

Cheers,

Naveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your are using XSD Schemas... then you just need to import it in the external definations and you can use it as DT and MT and no need to create it once again..

but if you need to add a new field or change then you can do it in DT you need to add it in XSD only and need to remport it ...but before you reimport validate the XSD in XMLSPy...

XI doesnt allow you to change the Imported XSD in DataType

Amaresh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just import the XSD under External Definitions and then activate the same and you can now use this XSD as your Message Type in your mapping and so on.

Is this what you want? Or have I got the requirments wrong?

Regards,

Bhavesh