Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

awaiting approval WF status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have one problem in a workflow

It's a SRM shoopping cart approval.(but I think is more a question of WF)

I have tried with several standards and one customer workflow, but the result is always the same. (ie WS10000129, WS90000005,...)

The event is triggered and the workflow starts, if I have some workflows for the same event it chooses correctly. (I have my workitem whose log can be seen in SWI1). But the status is waitng for approval

The names of approvers are correctly determined, but in their inbox nothing appear. In the analysis Transaction of SRM appear the approver but in the next column appear "no workitem found"

I also tried with a workflow without authorization (WS10000060), and the workflow starts but it also stay in waiting for approval

In the SWU3 all appear in green.

This happen after an upgrade from EBP3 (WAS6.10) to SRM4 (WAS6.40).

can anybody helps me???

Jorge

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw, is it limited to just this workflow or other notifications are not sent as well ?

There was a funny thing in SAP - if user which triggered workflow and was supposed to send notification did not have communicaiton parameters maintained -> SAP was not sending notificaiton.... not sure if it's your case but it's better to check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

If I trigger the workflow using SWUS_WITH_REFERENCE the workflow works and a BUS2121 is registred in the trace event. (I write the same user than in the shopping cart)

If I do a normal process the workflow stay waiting for approval and no saved event is registred in the event tras.

Do you think that event or the WF is not executing? How I can check this??

Any idea

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per Your issue, I understand that Approvers are determined correctly for whom there must be a mail in their inbox. As said by You there is nothing in their inbox. This means that there is some problem in sending mail.

The process is like this.

1)In one of the background tasks, approvers are determined.

2)In another foreground task, mail will be sent to determined Approvers. The sending of mail will be done by the execution of a function module which is called from the method which is assigned to this foreground task.

3)And Now this task will show the status "Waiting for Approval".

4)However, there might be problem in sending mail. Please check the code which is sending mail. Here the problem lies. Check the parameters passed to the function module. You can execute the function module separetly and check whether it is successful or not.

5)Even though SWU3 shows all ticked, since there is no action from Approvers, the current status will be Waiting.

Thanks,

sksingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can also try to hardcode the agent ID in the step definition for sending the mail(or workitem) instead of using it through an expression. If the workitem is not delivered even after hardcoding then as srinivas pointed out you may have to check your code.

Thanks,

Prasath N

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be problem because of background user WF-BATCH or the background job customization.

Did you check whether the user WF-BATCH exists ? probably... that should be the main problem area.

Please come back immediately so that i can think of some more problems. or feel free to mail on sandeep.josyula@gmail.com

regards,

Sandeep Josyula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response,

The user WF-BATCH exist, system user with SAP_ALL and S_A.SYSTEM profile. Jobs SWEQSRV, SWWCOND, SWWCLEAR, SWWDHEX, SWERRE are working periodically without problem

Any other idea

Thanks

Regards