cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard PCR scenario (SPSD) only works once!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to use the standard scenario SPSD (Separation - Enhanced), but I would like the form to display the Reason Codes that I have created for the Personnel Action that I have created to cater for Separation.

I went to IMG ... > Manager Self Service > Personnel Change Requests > Define Scenario Attributes (i.e. table TWPC_PCR_GENERAL) and changed the Action Type to be the Action Type that I have defined (the standard entry is 10 - Leaving, and I changed to my customized one, Z5 - Separation).

I haven't touched the standard ISR_FORM_SPSD form.

I then logged on to the Portal and the Reason Codes displayed are the ones relevant to the Action Type I have defined and that I have assigned to the scenario SPSD.

However, I was able to submit the form successfully only once!

If I logoff and logon again, go to the PCR area, select another employee, select the Separation (Enhanced) form, select the Reason Code and then click the Review button, I get the following Adobe Reader error:

"Script failed (language is formcalc; context is

xfa[0].form[0].data[0].SeparationRequest[0].PCR_PAGE1[0].PCRHeader[0].E

mployeeDataCI[0].EmployeeDataCIContent[0].EmployeeDataEmployeeInfo[0])

script=concat($record.ENAME.DATA.FIELD,"(", $record.PERNR.DATA.FIELD,")")

Error: accessor '$record.ENAME.DATA.FIELD' is unknown.

Script failed (language is formcalc; context is

xfa[0].form[0].data[0].SeparationRequest[0].PCR_PAGE1[0].PCR_DE[0}.PCRD

EContent[0].SeparationReasonDDLOverlay[0])

script=concat($record.MGTXT.DATA.FIELD,"(", $record.MASSG.DATA.FIELD,")")

Error: accessor '$record.MGTXT.DATA.FIELD' is unknown.

Message limit exceeded. Remaining 1 errors not reported"

I then click the OK button and I cannot submit the form because the fields in the form are blank.

What do I have to do in order to have the PCR to work without a problem? Do I have to regenerate the form? If yes, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spencer,

Hope this may help you.

Rgds,

Anto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

thanks for your reply, but it didn't help me. I have installed the ACF component. If I change the value back to the original (i.e. 10 - Leaving), the form works without a problem, I can submit it several times, no issues at all.

Any other ideas?

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

Sounds like your new action type might be missing a few links or causing other errors in the backend, which is then impacting your Adobe form.

Rather than testing directly via your form, try running tests using function module ISR_PROCESS_EVENT.

If you already have a form, then the idea here is to enter an appropriate event and the notification id to which your form is attached.

The benefit of testing this way is you get to separate true form errors with data errors - e.g. the PCR might be returning bad data due to missing links.

Start with a CREATE event to generate the notificaiton id. Or use an existing notification id - you can find existing notificaiton ids using transaction IQS3.

Another good tip is to use function module ISR_SPECIAL_DATA_GET to check what data was actually saved against the notification id - that can also help you identify any mismatch issues in your data.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

thanks for your response. The system is down at the moment, so I cannot do what you have suggested.

I thought that the change I want to make is something very straight forward. My understanding is that one of the 'functions' of table TWPC_PCR_GENERAL is to link the PCR scenario to a Personnel Action. The only thing I would like to change is the Personnel Action number associated to the PCR scenario as I have a few more Infotypes in the Separation Personnel Action.

I really thought it was an easy thing to do! I haven't 're-generated' forms or done anything at all to the standard form ISR_FORM_SPSD neither to the standard interface ISR_IF_SPSD. The weirdest thing is that when I change the Personnel Action to be the original one (i.e. 10 - Leaving) everything works perfectly. I wonder if there is anything 'hard coded' in the forms???

Thanks and regards.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

You should be able to view the Adobe form and check the scripts but I don't remember seeing anything hardcoded in the form itself.

It's much more likely to be hardcoded or checked against standard configuration tables in the QISR BADI implementation for the form. There's a link from the QISR scenario to the BADI implementation so suggest you check out the code there.

It may be not a hardcoding situation but rather that your configuration is incomplete - i.e. your new code not existing on all the configuration tables needed to ensure successful form creation for that scenario. '

Regards,

Jocelyn