cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum for Records Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I' m programming with the records management framework. I am interested in a new forum for records management together with BSP programming. Related topics are

- knowledge provider

- document modeling workbench

- case management.

It is possible to set up this forum?

I would like to exchange my experiences with other people.

Have a nice time!

Patrizia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'am very interested on document DM351, that is mentioned in a lof of pages of RMS, if somebody have information about it, can you send me.

Thanks in advance.

Andreu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also like to cast my vote on a new forum for Records Management. I have been working on implementing RMPS with the CRM Social Care module for the last year. I think that the new forum would be a great new channel for Rec Man information and knowledge sharing.

Thanks,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mine's another vote for a forum for RM. I've been working with PSRM for four years now and came to it as a complete beginner - new to SAP and Records Management. I've got through so far by bombarding OSS with questions but a dedicated forum would be great!

Cait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm jump-starting this thread, in the hope that there are more people now who'd like a dedicated RM forum, because I still REALLY do!

Cheers,

Cait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I'd like to add my vote for a dedicated RM forum as well!! I've been in SAP Document Management for years, and have only recently completed a Records Management for Public Sector implementation. It was an uphill battle which I would surely have lost if not for the help from the OSS guys. I recently started another RM project as part of the SAP Social Care solution, and would definitely appreciate having a forum as an additional source of information!

Cheers

Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roshan's vote just reminded me that I meant to suggest an additional criteria for deciding on whether to create a new forum - the sheer volume of work that could be taken away from OSS!

They have been absolute stars for me but I have bombarded them with messages and e-mails and I don't see how they can possibly sustain that level of support as the customer base grows. So for their sake, please give me somewhere else to ask my questions!

Thanks,

Cait

Edited by: Cait Masters on Apr 17, 2008 10:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

I didn't look into the forums quite a while. But at my work I'm programming a lot with records management, actually in two different projects.

In one project i'm integrating records management in a big own customer project using all the integration classes instead of the BAPIs. I use for instance templates, barcode, archiveLink.

In the other project we want to use the DOMEA-certified records management for public services to install a case management system where all records of a company are held. since the web interfaces are not really up to date it is still possible that we choose a different system than sap.

I would also prefer having a own forum for Records Management. I just post this messages, so you know there is one user more who is interested in a records management forum.

Bye

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Good to see records management folks here.

even i am working on BSP requirement to show the documents on the browser.

i have just started seeing all SAP given BSP examples, but i guess the configurations are not yet done on my server.

i tried to execute "srm_demo_bspext" example1.htm page but i am getting exception as "NO view defined in S_RMS_DATA for user xxxx".

can any one guide me how can i add this authorization or what ever to my user id.

thanks

regards,

simha

Message was edited by:

simha matam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simha,

you must define a role based view with the transaction 'scmgviewgen'.

you must chose there the defined role (defining roles: PFCG) and the rms ID S_RMS_DATA.

Then you create the view in which you define which folders and elements the role wants to see.

Then it will work. I had the same problem when I tried it.

Bye

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi martin,

thanks for the prompt reply.

well i am unable to see the rms_id 'S_RMS_DATA' in the possible entries for RMS in 'scmgviewgen' Tcode.

but S_RMS_DATA is available in Registry : Developer Mode when i checked in 'srmregedit' tcode under S_AREA_RMS->RMS_ID->S_RMS_DATA.

is this not related to the entries in 'scmgviewgen'?

guide me thru.

thanks,

simha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello simha,

sorry, the right transaction code for the rms space for the view generation is 'SRMVIEWGEN'.

There you will be able to choose S_RMS_DATA. I gave you before the transaction code for the cmg space. now it will work. i just looked myself.

Bye

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi martin,

thanks for the right one this time.

well can you throw some light on what you mean by "defining which folders and elements the role wants to see"?

then one more clarification, i have to assign the role i created in PFCG to my user id, right!..

sorry if i am asking too many questions..i am quiet new to RM.

thanks,

simha

Message was edited by:

simha matam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simha,

you are right, assign the role you created in PFCG.

when you are in the editing screen, just push the button acitivies and choose the activitiy add list of all elements.

everything else should be provided from the bsp example.

sorry simha, i can't give you further hints, since i have a lot of work in my job right now.

Bye

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi martin,

thanks for the patient response.

i will solve this as i am facing problems in assigning the role to user id.

thanks for the info.

regards,

simha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just started to read the sap-press book: SAP Records Management. Especially, I'm interested in the content of chapter 6 Extensions: development of a new service provider. At the end of the development process, the story stops suddenly, and I'm alone with my questions. There is some trouble with the namespace used by the authorship. I'm not able to create (define) the asked element type.

Starting reading other relevant SAP documents (pdf), it would be nice for me to have some 'virtual' colleagues in a forum here to exchange experiences and questions...

So, pls. count up my vote for a new forum.

Have a nice day.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm writing my Diploma about Records Management and at the moment I am implementing a prototype. A forum for RM-Topics would be very helpfull! If someone could help me with my other posts to RM, I would be very happy. Especially if how a Network Attached Storage can be used as content-repository!

Greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !

I am looking for some documentation about how to access SAP Records Management from a external J2EE web application.

Could anybody help me, please. I can`t find anything.

Thank very much.

Carlos

olivier_muff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I also think there should be a new forum. It is a signifigant new part of SAP. that not many people may be using.

Try searching on "Record Management" instead of

"Records Management" and you will find a bit more.

It is a new enough topic that a separate forum would be a great help. Quantity of posts should not be the only criteria.

Hope you take my vote into consideration.

Olivier

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

> Try searching on "Record Management" instead of

> "Records Management" and you will find a bit more.

I searched for "Record Management" and got 30 posts may be 10 threads including this one. Still not very convincing.

> It is a new enough topic that a separate forum would

> be a great help. Quantity of posts should not be the

> only criteria.

It isn't. There is also how many people request it in the SDN Suggestion forum. Since January 2005 you are only the 5th SDNer to request it.

Third criteria is do we have a moderator from SAP, which we currently don't.

Not all three have to be in place, but if one isn't the other two have to be strong.

> Hope you take my vote into consideration.

> Olivier

We do, unfortunately 18 months 5 votes is not enough.

May be now that the thread is reactivated we get some more SDNers coming forward for Record Management and can sway us.

You'll never know, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I dont think this is a suitable question in this thread.

But as I see many RMS experts in this thread, I thought to push this question here.

I am supporting for a manufacturing industry as a SAP PLM Consultant. We would like to implement Engg Change Managment, DMS and workflow in our organisation. Some of the consultants are suggesting Records Management for ECM. As I am very new to RMS, i could not take the decision. Would you tell me what is the extra features and benefits that we will be getting by implementing RMS for ECM.

Please give me some valuable information on this.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm a beginner and looking for a presentation movie with the ID DM351. I've found two other presentations in this topic that I could watch. These are: DM102, DM251. But about DM351 neither pdf document nor video is available.

Csaba

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrizia,

Searched for the 4 terms that the new forum should be about:

"Records Management"

"Knowledge Provider"

"Document Modeling Workbench"

"Case Management"

In all of these cases I got only a handful of posts.

Therefore it doesn't look like a lot of people are posting about these themes and therefore a separate forum would be quite empty.

If other SDN members are of a different opinion, please let us know by answering to this thread.

In the meantime post your questions in the BSP forum.

All the best, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

this is really sorry for me. I think, I am the only one who is programming with these tools.

Ok, I' ll try to post my topic in the BSP forum.

Thank you!

Patrizia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am another person who fight every day with Record Management Framework and I agree with Patrizia on the need of a new forum for RM. I think everything what helps us to improve our knowledge about RM, is welcome.

All the best, Cima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Mark, I'm agree with Patrizia. We need special forum for Document Management technicues. Records Mmanagement very powerfull tool, but it is 'latest news'.

SAP Documentation about RM is near comleteness. But some questions are still alive. Small number of exmaple codes, library of used classes are missed. I mean modules like FM SRM_FRAMEWORK_START2, which never described, but very usefull.

Searching for expirience by tracing is not best way. Discusion much better.

Regards,

Konstantin