cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live .net Installation missing librfc32.dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've finished my App which creates sales orders from a .net application - through to our test server.

I now need to deploy this to our live server.

However on doing this The app is coming up with an error of Librfc32.dll missing.

I believe this comes with the .net connector install - however this requires visual studion to be installed.

I've manually copied the SAP dll's in my app,

Can anyone tell me if I register the librfc32.dll in System32 if this will solve my problems....or do I have to get the .net connector installed fully ??

Thanks,

D.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

You need to install three DLLs from your development system:

- SAP.Connector.DLL

- SAP.Connector.Rfc.DLL

- LIBRFC32.DLL

You can copy all three DLLs to your application directory or put the first two into GAC and the last to SYSTEM32.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

Sorry for the delay in response ! - I've been waiting for a service window on our production server to try and register the Dll.

I've since tried to do this and get the error:- Load Library (" c:\windows\system32\librf32.dll") Failed - specified module could not be found.

Can anyone tell me the list off dll's I need to copy from my development enviroment to the "live" server to enable the RFC calls from my .net v2 app -> SAP to function correctly.

Currently got librfc32.dll and the 2 SAP.connector ones..

Thanks alot.

Dave.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

You didn't write where exactly you have installed the dll's, so I can't tell you why it doesn't work. In order to enable the RFC calls from your .net application -> SAP you need to do following things on the computer where your .net application installed:

1. copy librfc32.dll to c:\windows\system32.

2. use gacutil.exe to put SAP.Connector.DLL and SAP.Connector.Rfc.DLL to the GAC.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima, thanks for the fast response!.

I've copied the librfc32.dll into the windows\system32 directory of the server. When I register it (using regsrv32) it comes up with the error DllRegister Server point was not found - This maybe because it rely's on some other dll's which i've failed to register.

As for the SAP.Connector dll's i've copied these with the .net application and they're in the a[pplications bin directory - I believe this is where you're telling me it's wrong - where's the gacutil ? - I presume on the sap downloads? and what's GAC ??

Thanks for you're help.

D.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

GAC is Microsoft .NET Framework Global Assembly Cache. Gacutil.exe allows you to install assemblies into the cache and remove them from the cache.

If you have installed the SAP.Connector.dll's into the same folder with your .net application.exe then you can also copy the librfc32.dll to what folder. I think that you don't need to register librfc32.dll with regsvr32 command. Installation of the application.exe + librfc32.dll + 2 SAP.Connector.dll's to the same folder may solve this problem too.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima

We have tried a number of configurations now but still no joy. we ahve tried:

a. system32 = librfc32.dll

application\bin = sap.connector.rfc.dll & sap.connector.dll

b. system32 = librfc32.dll & sap.connector.rfc.dll & sap.connector.dll

c. application\bin = librfc32.dll & sap.connector.rfc.dll & sap.connector.dll

d. system32 = librfc32.dll

c:\program files\sap\sap.connector.rfc.dll & sap.connector.dll

our system setup is

windows 2003 enterprise server, sp1

sql server desktop engine

crystal reports runtime

sap.rfc.connector.dll 2.0.0.23

librfc32.dll 6403.3.78.4732

sap.connector.dll 2.0.0.23

none of the above seem to work, please can you shed any light on the problem.

thanks

Dave

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

It is important that your .net application.exe will be in the same folder. Please, try

application\bin\Debug = librfc32.dll & sap.connector.rfc.dll & sap.connector.dll & application.exe or application\bin\Release = librfc32.dll & sap.connector.rfc.dll & sap.connector.dll & application.exe .

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima, Thanks for all your help !

Can you please explain what you mean by the application.exe, We are currently using a .net Internet Application (ie running in Internet Explorer) which is composed of the main aspx pages and the relevant dll's - however no .exe's ?

Thanks,

Dave.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

In case of ASP .NET application, when you don't have any application.exe, the only option is to:

1. copy librfc32.dll to c:\WINDOWS\system32

2. open two instances of Windows Explorer. In one, navigate to the location of the SAP.Connector.dll's. In the other, navigate to c:\WINDOWS\Assembly.

Drag both SAP.Connector.dll's into the folder. This action will add them to the GAC.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rima, I noticed that the .net framework wasn't installed on our Live Server - so came in this morning to install that.

Sill no joy though - tried all combinations of dll's in all the directories but still no joy - still getting the error "Unable to load LibRFC32.dll" ,

Overview:-- (current Set-up)

Windows Server 2003

.net Framework v2.0

Copied Sap.Connector.dll's -> Windows\Assembly

Copied librfc.dll to Windows\system32

(No SAP GUI Currently installed)

- I believe these are all the pre-requisits.

Things we haven't done yet which are on the list ( and would appreciate your expertise as to which may work)

Install SAP Note:684106

Install SAPGUI - 6.4

Thanks alot,

Dave

Message was edited by: Dave Willock

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

You are right. The problem could be caused by missing Microsoft dll's. Applying installation as described in SAP Note 684106 probably will solve the problem. As far as I know, you don't need to install SAPGUI.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right i'll give that a go, i'm currently building a test box which is identical to our live server, hopefully this will enable us to try lot's of different things and try and solve it - first thing I think it'll be is to try OSS Note 684106, i'll let you know how I get on, thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

Just an update for you and to say thanks for your help,

Solution:-

Librfc32.dll - > Windows\system32

Sap.connector.dll ->windows\assembly

Sap.connector.rfc.dll -> windows\assembly

And the 4 microsoft dll's msvcr71.dll, msvcp71.dll, mfc71.dll, mfcu.dll (all on note 684106) into -> windows\system32

This has now solved the problem..

Thanks alot,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I had the same problem and you have given me the solution with your messages,

so thank you so much,

I just had to copy the 4 dlls on windows\system32 directory on the server,

let me give you just one correction,

in spite of mfcu.dll, the file correct name is mfc71u.dll,

regards,