cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BI Forum - Important!

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I think there should be a "Data Modeling" forum for the BI Section. This is such a critical part of the whole data warehouse process and I think it's neglected. People think that building InfoObjects and InfoCubes is "Data Modeling". I want to see discussions on things like. Should this be a time-dependent IOBJ if .... or should this be a multicube or an infoset. Or how should the model be if my reporting requirement is this...

Thanks and I hope you'll consider. I think this would add a lot of credibility to the whole BI community my making people aware what data modeling really is. (Not just building infoobject and multicubes)

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Such a forum makes sense, in my opinion. The current Content & Extractor forum indicates more being for the SAP delivered content.

Can you post a question in the BI General forum and direct people here?

Exactly your modeling suggestion should also then slowly fill up the BI FAQ on the Wiki.

Mario

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Reply... Dead

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry that you were disappointed by lack of response. It is the community that needs to weigh in of course, rather than the collaboration team. Perhaps if you carried such a conversation into the BI community you might get some feedback there about the viability of creating another BI forum for Data modeling. No response here could mean that BI members didn't see your posting, or none interested in having a separate forum for Data modeling. Getting critical mass of support for such an idea is important. No point in creating a forum that isn't a place that people choose to converse in. Perhaps building up a clear case for it within the BI community would help you achieve your request.

Marilyn