cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read some where that, AVOID Transformation in the BPM and this could be carried outside the BPM.

Would you please explain that? If there is any Specific blog available for this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally when you are using the BPM to check on a condition etc then you can do the transformation step before or after the BPM.

This is done in the Interface determination when you are moving the data from Sender system to BPM or BPM to receiver system.

But in case of collection and splitting the data the transformation step is generally in the BPM.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

So would you explain me How can I do it in the Interface Determination, I am bit confused. Because for Example I have a Send Synchronous Step1, the Response I am getting from this step1 needs to be "Transformed" to the Second Send synchronous Step2.

You are all telling that to push this Transformation outside the BPM, to Improve the Performance.

How should I do this in the Interface Determination???

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for sending the data from sender system to BPM, in the integration directory, you will have

1. receiver determintion

2. Interface determination

3. Sender agreement.

The interface determination give the details of sender system and interface,, receiver system and interface and the interface mapping. In this mapping you can do the transformation.

Regards

Vijaya

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Send the Synch Req from BPM . After send sync step from BPM, then you can execute this Req and Resp mapping outside the BPM. So for this create a Mapping for Req and Resp in the repository

In the Interface Determination it is like normal Interface determination.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijaya, I totally agree with you if I am sending to BPM, I will be following the 3 steps you have mentioned for sure.

But In my Case I am already in BPM and my Transformation Step is called only after the First Synchronous Step and Before the Second Synchronous Step.

So now how could I do this Transformation Outside the BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can u just put down all the steps.

But on principle when we say to avoid transformation in the BPM it means putting it in the Interface determination before going to BPM and after coming out of BPM.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inside the BPM

Step 1(Receive) : receive step from an RFC(Async)

Step 2(Send) : Synchronous Send Step to an URL.

Step 3(Transformation) : Response from Step 2 will be used in the Transformation step to build the next Request

Step 4( Send) : Synchronous Send step to URLII.

Step 5 (Send) : Send the Response back to the R/3(Async, IDOC)

So now tell me do you think its feasible for me to remove the Transformation step (i.e step 3) in the BPM to place that outside the BPM?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this scenario the transformation step has to be in the BPM i guess.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Vijaya, thats what I thought, but I got confused and I was trying to attempt that with no luck.

Thanks again for your Time and Patience. Appreciated

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Ya, its not give any problem you can do your next Transformation step outside the BPM

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the interface determination , you need to give the Interface name and Interface mapping ...

Provide the Interface Mapping object name of that particular synchronous step which you have done in Integration Repositary...but i have one more question is the mapping you used in the sysnchrous is one to one mapping?

and one more thing if you used the transfromation step in the BPM you can find the Interfacemapping in the Interface determination as it shows no objects found as you already used in the BPM

because some times it makes the difference...

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohini,

Ya, you can avoid Transformation step in BPM... it helps you in increasing your performance by 5 times...

If you use Transformation Step in BPM you will fine noobjects in InterfaceDetermination as have already used in BPM...

Instead of using Transformation Step In BPM you can give interface Mapping in Interaface Determination..thats how you increase your performance...

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

BPM is executed in the ABAP stack. Your mappings get executed in the JAVA stack.

SO, in your BPM If you use tranformation step,you will have multiple calls between ABAP and JAVA stacks which causes a perfromance issue.So BPM should be avoided as much as possible

Sekhar