Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError In a Mapping test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are devolping in XI3.0 and SP15

we are triying to executed a test mapping in a message mappping in the IB and we obtain the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

We have test all the message mapping that we had before and all of them are ginving us the same error.

Any idea?

Many thanks in avance

Noelia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error can occur when mapping structure is not defined currectly or if you are using XML Schemas...

Mapping structure means the DT and MT are not defined properly...Cheak the Occurences and types given and how they have mapped to the other Mapping field...both should need to have same type...

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for answer. But my issue is that we have several graphical mapping that were working properly before. And now we have develop some java mappings. And then when we try to to test or execute the old graphical mapping we always have the same error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Many thanks

Regards

Noelia

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Did you upgraded your NWDS if so if you did not upgrade your WAS server. This gives such error.

so it is better you are deploying your application from higher version of NWDS to lower version of WAS server.

2)If it is a installed again, make sure all the post-installation steps completed correctly.

3)Make sure that J2EE Engine is up.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> 1) Did you upgraded your NWDS if so if you did not

> upgrade your WAS server. This gives such error.

> so it is better you are deploying your application

> from higher version of NWDS to lower version of WAS

> server.

Nothing was upgraded

>

> 2)If it is a installed again, make sure all the

> post-installation steps completed correctly.

No installing

> 3)Make sure that J2EE Engine is up.

it is UP because if not I cannot acces to the IB

>

The only thing that I have made is to develop a JAVA mapping, apart from the graphical mappings that I have before.

Those graphicals mapping were warking before, Then it should be something in the system not in the development, I think??

ANy idea?

Regards

Noelia

Message was edited by: Noelia Fernandez

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Noelia,

In your JAVA mapping, are you calling some external Java API that is not a part of the Standard JDK? If yes, you need to import the package / jar under the Imported Archives of your Namespace or SWCV .

Can you check this?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

the problem is solved, But I don´t know what was the issue simply I ask them to start the java stack. And then it is solved.

Many thanks for all your kindly effort

Regards

Noelia

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

please see the below link

Regards

Chilla

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Vijaya mentioned check out the Note and also try to re-install or re start the JAVA Stack.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all the answers we have develop some java mapping do you think this could be in relation?

thanks regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at SAP Note:

928038: Note 928038 - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError in XI 3.0 startup

Regards

Vijaya