cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load list of Adapter Types so can be selectable for Comm Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have managed to Install and do the Post-installation process of XI 3.0 on my first attempt.

I have come to a point where I wish to create a Communication Channel for my Business Service using Integration Builder - Directory, however the list of Adapter Types is empty. I'm pretty sure I have missed a step that requires of me to load and configure the adapter types.

I did the Post-install process in the XI Installation guide I downloaded from service.sap.com, however at the end there was a point (4.2 Activities for the Adapter Engine) that I did not do. It says that this is the configuration for Adapter Engine for a separate, non-local, instance. I took this as a configuration for a non-local instance which is not applicable to my scenario.

Regards,

-Alen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have look at question:

<b>3. I can't see my adapters in the adater monitoring after the import of a new SP </b>

on the XI FAQ page (link below)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I have performed the importing process of SAP Basis software component already. I can see the imported Components in Integration Repository under the tree structure named "SAP Basis 6.40".

Is there some way to verify that the import was successful?

-Alen

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes:

open RWB - runtime workbench

and then - component monitoring

and then adapter engine

and then adapter monitoring

and see if you see all adapter's there

if you don't see all of them it means

that you need to import once more

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, in the Adapter Monitor, I do see the list of Adapters, however BC and XI are the only ones that have 1 green dot. JPR has one red dot and the rest just have 3 empty dots.

I will try to do the import process again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to your Component monitoring and try restarting the adapters.

They must be in inactive state.

Please go through this URL. Will give u a better idea:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9b/f12541c3d3f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I have done all the above. Re-imported, reran the Cache Refresh, etc. I now go into the IB - Integration Directory and in the Communication channel I click the Adapter Type first input box. It launches the IB - Integration Repository.

I'm very new to the Integration Builder, not to sure what I suppose to do now for the adapter type to be selected and inputed in the Adapter Type (first input box) in the IB - Integration Directory.

-Alen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, ignore the above message please.

Reimport of Conmponents and Cache Refresh did the trick.

Regards,

-Alen

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

glad to hear

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone post the step by step installation guide of XI..Thanx in advance.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have imported SAP BASIS software component in your Integration Repository.

This contains the metadata for all the adapter types

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh and I can also see in the Integration Repository under SAP Basis 6.40 the Adapter Metadata with the list of adapters but I still don't get to see these listed types in my Integration Directory under Communication Channel.

-Alen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Close the Integration Directory Browser.

Doa cache refresh and open again and see if u can see them.

Regards

Vijaya