cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC call from SAP to Biztalk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are connecting Biztalk Server 2004 with SAP, using the Biztalk adaptor for SAP. With this adaptor, it's possible to do a RFC call from Biztalk to SAP. But I wonder if the opposite direction is possible: doing a RFC call from SAP to Biztalk.

All documentation talks about sending iDOC's from SAP to Biztalk, but this doesn't help in a synchronous scenario.

What would be the best alternative if this is not possible? Is the .NET Connector an alternative to do a RFC call to .NET Code?

Thanks in advance!

Davy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

davy_brusselle2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi André, thank you for your answer.

However, we don't have XI in our company yet, and our SAP version doesn't allow us to consume web services directly (WAS 6.20) That's why we wanted to use Biztalk.

However I found the answer: it's not possible to do a RFC call to Biztalk directly. It is very easy to do it with the .NET Connector. However, if you have a XI system, doing a direct RFC call to XI is a nicer solution.

Best regards,

Davy

0 Kudos

I haven't seen any direct calls without XML Web Services from SAP to BizTalk, but calling SAP through the .NET Connector is possible getting the BAPI result tables. I once wrote a custom BizTalk adapter for that calling 3 BAPIs to get result sets that way. If I remember correctly that was APO BAPIs.

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Davy,

you can do a Web Services Call from SAP XI to BizTalk as described in my whitepaper <a href="http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7521a237-0701-0010-499b-b3285b789c0d">Reliable Messaging between SAP XI 3.0 and Microsoft BizTalk Server 2004 Using SOAP-compliant Communication</a> which is especially a synchronous scenario.

It also possible to achieve Reliable Messaging with the QoS "Exactly Once".

Best regards,

André