cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch file to Start / stop Import server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know any approach or example to make a batch file to start and stop Import/Syndication server in MDM.

Appreciate a small sample for better understanding to start with.

Thanks,

Reo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reo,

the proper way to handle the Import Server is not to start it and restart it with a batch. This was the way the Import Manager Batch worked -> to execute an import one time.

You can define an time interval in the ini file how often the import should be executed.

If you want to use the Import Server anyway:

Write a little batch file which executes a DOS service start tool like "ntscmgr.exe". With that you can start and stop a service. If you want this to happen at a certain time of the day, just schedule the batch file under your operating system.

I hope that helps.

Best regards

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicolas,

Can you provide some more information like to start or initiate syndication server for outbound or Import server for inbound we need a batch file to submit thru DOS so that it will take over the operation of automatic running on predefined interval set in mdss.ini file ?

Is this statement is correct? OR Can I ensure this automation from Import Manager/Syndicator without running a background DOS Bat file.If so what are the steps involved?

Appreciate your reply/suggestion/feedback

regards,

reo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reo,

if you just have a fixed predefined time intervall(always the same) you don't need a batch file at all.

You need to configure your inbound and outbound ports first and save the import/export maps to the ports. After that you define the time intervall in the ini file and start the Import server(service).

The service will check the port folders (server\distributions\...) constantly on the predefined time intervall for to-be imported files. No more start or stop is needed.

If that helps, pls reward points. If you have further questions, just ask.

BR

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply,

I am sure you can clarify the total process of automation without going for batch.

Appreciate if you can provide step by step configuration that I am looking for to undertake mainly for my requirement of an outbound which should only be created say after 5 minutes from the time the SAP# is populated for an existing record in MDM from R3 system.

Do you think 'remote key' can be utilized in this case. If so what are the deatail steps?

Thanks a lot for your help

Reo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Now I know how to use Record key and the option to use full record or Delta. However I want to confirm that the working of time interval to work from the time the key field is updated.

Thanks again for all help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reo,

do you have all your answers now or are there still any problems? If not, please reward and close this topic.

BR

Nicolas