Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET framework configuration problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I work with EP5.

I have a .NET project which contains aspx webforms with cs code behind them.

When accessing those forms (which are under iis) on the computer on which they were developed it works fine.

Since I wanted to move this project to another server, I installed .NET Framework on it, copied the project directory under wwwroot, and created an appropriate vitrual directory under it's iis.

Now, when trying to access a form I get the following error massage:

"aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80070522. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account."

I tried to grant share permissions to everybody to the framework directory but to no avail.

Using Google to find the solution for this error code didn't help, so I thought I'd try here...

Thanks ahead for any help,

Yoav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think this is a "share permissions" issue. It has to do with perms on the Framework files/folders. Make sure the local ASPNET account has read and execute perms on <winFolder>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322. That local account might need full control perms on <winFolder>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files.

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried granting full access rights through the security tab of the folder to everything I could think of (all users, all computers, etc.), but that didn't help either.

What exactly do you mean by the local ASPNET account? Is "ASPNET" the name of the account (on which case I couldn't find it) or a general name you use for the account of the machine that runs the aspnet_wp.exe?

Thanks again for any help,

yoav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default, the ASP.NET worker process (aspnet_wp.exe) is run under the local account named "ASPNET".

You mentioned you installed the Framework on the server but i'm wondering if ASP.NET is actually configured for IIS correctly or even not at all. There is a registration utility (aspnet_regiis.exe) that will register ASP.NET to IIS and do the necessary configuration for you.

More help on that is found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfASPNETIISRegistra...

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that your direction is right, and that the problem might reside in the configuration of the Framework for iis.

After reading your post, I tried running aspnet_regiis with various options.

I'm not sure I understood all of the options meaning, though.

After doing so I checked security perms on the framework directory and saw the local ASP.NET account. Giving it full perms didn't solve the problem though.

A possible clue: When trying to use the -s option with the directory that contains my webforms, I got an error message saying it isn't a legal application.

Again, any help would be appriciated, and thanks for the help so far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the -s switch is the correct switch to use to map an app to a version of the Framework. Now I don't know if the prior permission changes you were making might be causing this problem. I suggest deleting the folder/app from IIS and recreate the app to start with the default settings since now the Framework is correctly configured.

H