Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance - Asynchronos RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have developed the following scenario

JMS -> XI -> RFC

this is asynchoronous interfaces because I dont need an answer ,there r 200,000 messages coming from the JMS Provider ( small sized 78 chars)

should I expect perfomance problems? how can I check it?

I have tought of 2 solutions

1.to ask for gatherd JMS Messages ( its will b only 613 messages ) - less calls for RFC.

2.use abap server proxy

any1 have exprinced such secnario?

Thx,Shai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>should I expect perfomance problems?

Will not be Since the messages of all small size.

>>>1.to ask for gatherd JMS Messages ( its will b only 613 messages ) - less calls for RFC.

2.use abap server proxy

It all depends upon the Business scenerio and the system configuration.

If you system is > & equal to 6.40 version of WAS you can go for ABAP proxies. If i was in your Position I will prefer to collect the message and call RFC less times to the System.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

thx v.much

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This tuning guide may give some inputs to performance-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c93...

If you are planning to call all 200K messages at a time thru RFC it is better. But there is a chance of timeout exception in this case. And one more option is using BPM with Loop i.e for each message one call to SAP. But it is also time consuming. SO it is not preferred here.

I think you can go with one message and call the RFC ..

or if permits reduce the number of messages to one RFC call.

Proxy also a good choice here. If standard RFC is already in place then think of RFC itself first choice.

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC only enters data to tables

i think it wont b resources consuming

ill check that out

thx for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

You can have some performance problems with pool of connections (maximal number of connections). Remember also that each of this 200000 messages will be wrapped into XI SOAP structure and saved in the database so after some time you can have archiving problem. I'd strongly advice you to use both of your 2 solutions.

1. 613 connections is much better than 200 000

2. abap server proxy is also better than rfc call (better control of errors and much better performance due to no need to use adapter engine)

Decission is up to you.

Regards,

Wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok gr8

another question related,how is controling of error is better in abap proxy? u mean u have the option of the debugger?

any relvant threads/weblogs will b helpfull

thx,Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is such document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3dfac358-0d01-0010-5598-d49...

From proxy you can also return error text not only the number but it's related to synchronous communication.

One more time please take into account that 200 000 entries per day in XI tables (it's asynchronous so it's saved) can provide some errors even crash your XI if there is not enough disc space.

Regards,

Wojtek