cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP & Java Stacks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats exactly an XI developer needs to understand about the ABAP and Java Stacks in XI? ( I understand that HTTP and IDOC adapters are sitting in the ABAP STACK so no sender agreement is needed) Also when the user writes a Java UDF then the Java stack will take care of that. Any other important point a Developer always need to remember on the top of the head?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Integration Engine - ABAP

BPM engine - ABAP

Message Mapping - Java

Runtime Workbench - Java

Value Mapping - Java

Regards,

Wojtek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the developers perspective you know where different objects reside so that in case of error you will know where to look for:

1. IDoc and HTTP adapter are on ABAP engine. You cannot see them in the component monitoring of the Runtime workbench. The HTTP adapter is there now both for send adn receiver. It hink from SP15 or so...not very sure though

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/64db4daf9f30b4e10000000a11466f/content.htm

2. The Java, message mapping are on Java stack.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijayakumari, shankar and others.

Vijaya you say its easy for the developer to look for any error, I partially agree with you, but if there is an error I will check in the Message Monitoring First(SXMB_Moni), if there is a Problem in Message Mapping then I am going to look into the Message mapping in Repository, if there is problem with BPM then I will look into the BPM Monitoring or if there is a problem with an Adapter, I will look into the Runtime workbench, so there are other errors like Security and Administration and I will go to the corresponding place to resolve the error.

So how does you are going to Augument your point Vijaya.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since some service pack you have got almost all monitoring tools inside runtime workbench. Only BPM you have to control from standard abap transaction.

Regards,

Wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

One other important thing to note, your graphical mappings are internally stored as JAVA programs and executed in JAVA stack...

Another blog for you: /people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/09/introduction-to-queues-in-message-mapping

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I understand that HTTP and IDOC adapters are sitting in the ABAP STACK so no sender agreement is needed

Correct,

Regards

Agasthuri Doss