cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Installation: SAP System Account+Password->Login failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is my first attempt in installing XI.

I have installed SAP Web AS 6.40 ABAP+Java System and am trying to install XI now.

I can also confirm that my J2EE engine is up and running. I ran the J2EE example on HTTP using port 50000.

Here is my basic config:

VMWare with Windows 2003 Server SE, 60Gigs dedicated HDD space, 2Gig RAM, MS SQL Server 2k Enterprise SP4.

My Problem is that when I run the "XI Installation" from "NetWeaver Components Running on Java" I get asked for my SAP System Account's (user: l01adm) password. I know what my password for System account is, but for some reason I get "Invalid Password" error message from SAPInst GUI program.

Since I am very new to SAP Web AS and XI, there could be quite a few reasons why this is not working.

Could anyone please shed some light my direction regarding the possible things that could be causing my problem?

Regards,

-Alen Ribic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

C if any of these threads can help you out -

Also ref note : 721548

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks for the reference. I used a 9 character password for SAP System Account. Changed the password to 8 characters for that account in my Windows OS User settings and that worked.

So it seems that the limit for the user password should be 8 characters and that is not enforced when the SAP System Account gets created.

-Alen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) >> 60Gigs dedicated HDD space

80 GB is advicable ,

2) Can you Restart the J2EE Engine again and try it out.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss