cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO-RFC Provider Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've installed a standalone NW WAS Java Stack SP18(without ABAP stack) and intend to connect to SAP R/3. But when i tried to set the JCO-RFC Provider in Visual Admin, error occured as below:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC'

JCO.nativeInit(): Could not initialize dynamic link library librfc. Found version "640.0.73" but required at least version "640.0.76". occurred while service dsr processed containerStarted() event JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC'

JCO.nativeInit(): Could not initialize dynamic link library librfc. Found version "640.0.73" but required at least version "640.0.76".

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Its is clear that the system needs a newer version of the sapjco.dll file.

JCO.nativeInit(): Could not initialize dynamic link library librfc. <b>Found version "640.0.73" but required at least version "640.0.76"</b>.

Hence , please download the latest jco library from the following link and hopefully that will solve your problem.

<a href="http://service.sap.com/connectors">SAP service marketplace - Connectors</a>

And, don't forget to put the new librfc32.dll file in the system32 directory

Best regards,

Guru.

PS: Reward points for helpfull replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply as i was having a quite long vacation for the last couple of days.

I've download JCO 2.1.7 and copy both the librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll to C:\WINDOWS\System32, but an error "Error start bundle" occured when try to set RFC destination at JCO RFC Provider at VA. DefaultTrace log doesnt provide any useful error message(same as in VA).

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Besides copying the dll files you need to point the jco jar file destination in the SAP WAS to the new jar file. Do this in the configtool and the Visual administrator.

Do this and i feel it will work

Best regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvinder,

Can you give a brief steps on how to point the sapjco.jar file destination, via VA and Configtool?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi julius,

There are two jar files related to JCO kept in the SAP WAS, one for the cluster and other for the server instance. They are jrfc.jar. So search these in your server and place you new sapjco.jar, delete the old jar file (rather take a backup) and place rename sapjco.jar to jrfc.jar. I hope that will resolve your issue.

Best regards,

Guru.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi julius,

I got the same error yesterday. You must overwrite the librfc32.dll in windows-path (e.g. C:\windows\system32\) or setting path to this file. The file librfc32.dll will be installed with the SAPGUI. If you are not using SAPGUI version 640 you get this error.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like a classpath /path issue to me.

Are you sure the classpath includes all the JCO jars...

Are you sure you have the libraries on the path (.dll) or on the libpath (.so...)

Forgot and old rfclib32 in windows\system* and accessing it instead of the new one?

Enjoy