cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDL registry propagation possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I want to use an XI webservice in a Visual Composer app.

VC - as other tools - relies on being provided with an URL of a WSDL file.

Usually you take your endpint and add a ?WSDl or sth to the URL.

Is there a similar way for XI? Or do I need to

a) generate the WSDl in the directory

b) save it

c) upload it to a web server/UDDI registry?

Thanks,

Helge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helge,

XI webservice is not synonomous to a typical webservice provided by other providers where to a wsdl all one has to do is put?wsdl to the endpoint.

By webservice in XI it means, XI can accept SOAP messages sent to it with the defined endpoint( which in XI refers to configuration parameters).

For you to a url for accessing the WSDL you have to either put the file onto a webserver share or publish to UDDI.

"XI : How To publish WSDL generated from XI to UDDI"

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-how-to-publish-wsdl-generated-from-xi-to-uddi

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Naveen.

That's what I was looking for!

Rgrds,

helge

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to Genarate it in The directory and save the genarated wsdl... and totest wheather the WSDL which you have genarated is woking fine or not in the SOAPSONAR where you can import the wsdl and you can test it.

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you would need a UDDI registry always to get the interface details of a web service. UDDI registry are made available to act a respository to query about the availabe services to enable discover and integrate.

As long you know the url at which the web service definition is available, and if the url is accessible from your network, you should be able to load them into any application which consumes web services.

In case of XI you can upload the WSDL file as an external definition in the IR.