cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic nested tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my PDF print forms I want to display a dynamic nested table, layout should be repeated like this:

Row 1: Data1 Data2

Data3 Data4 Data5 Data6 Data7

Row 2: Data1 Data2

Data3 Data4 Data5 Data6 Data7

etc.

I've created a subform with Flow - table layout and within 7 subforms, flow layout - table row.

Problem is that first line is populated, then second etc. instead of nesting the data.

Thanks in advance,

Francois

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to design the table as below.

<b><u>Context</u></b>

Main_table
 |-DATA
    |-Field1
    |-Filed2
    |-Table1
    |   |-DATA
    |      |-Filed11
    |      |-Filed12  
    |-Table2
    |   |-DATA
    |      |-Filed21
    |      |-Filed22 
    |-Table3
    |   |-DATA
    |      |-Filed31
    |      |-Filed32

You have to drag the tables like this under the main table and define where clause on inner table like ( Maintable-Filed1 = Table-Filed11 , Maintable-Filed1 = Table-Filed21................).In the print program also you have to populate data like this, such that the 1st record in main table contains relevent reocrds in the remaining tables.

<b><u>Layout</u></b>

In the layout drag the main table or create subfroms & fields inthe smae order as in the context.

Please careful with binding.

Pavan Meda

Please make backup before doing what i said.

Message was edited by: pavan meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Thanks for your reply.

My elements (fields) sometimes are from different structures from my interface, I want to 'nest' them in a common table. Do I have to manually create a context for my form and fill it with elements I need ?

In my layout I have a subform (mastertable; flow content - table) and 6 subforms (one subform = one line; flow content - table row). The result is that the elements from the first field are fully printed, then the second line etc.

See you,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think am not clear abt ur requirement.

the information that i have shared in the earlier message will be useful when the nested tables contains relevent records for each records frm the main table.

Can u tell me , is the nested tables field values are constant for each record in the main table.In this case also you have to drag the field in the context.

Is the 1st record from the main table contain 1 set of data in the records in the nested tables and 2nd record from main table contain 2set of data in the nested tables...........In this case you have to drag the tables in the context and define the where clause.

Let me know your requirement in the above cases.If am wrong explain it clearly how the data coming to the interface, how you have dragged the fields in the context....

pavan meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I checked in my context and all the fields (but 4) are in the following structure:

MAIN_TABLE

DATA

STRUCTURE

Field11

Field12

Field21

Field22

Field23

Field24

etc.

So I have to build the context then set WHERE conditions on my structures, right ? Would you have an example for this ?

How can I do if I want to add fields from another structure ? And what about the layout in the form (subform with flow content (table) with 6 different flow content (table row) ?

Thanks,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

Now am busy, Can you refer the standard example FP_TEST_NESTED_TABLE ( program name & form name same ).

Once I am free, i will try to exapain clearly.

I think there some QM module adobe forms, whose name starts with QM8D .some are designed with nested table.

Can you check thoseforms in SFP. May be useful.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Ok right - I checked with FP_TEST_NESTED_TABLE and my requirement is different: I have fields from the same structure which have to be displayed in a table.

As there are too many fields for only one row, I would like to 'nest' the table rows...

Thanks,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to imagine your requirement exactly.

Is it possible to send me screen shots of the context, and explain me how you need the output through the screen shots.

pavan.meda@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

First let me explain you what I have understood from this Conversation.

You have a Table with following structure:

MAIN_TABLE

DATA

STRUCTURE

Field11

Field12

Field21

Field22

Field23

Field24

and PDF output should look like this :

Row 1: Field11 Field12

Field21 Field22 Field23 Field24

If this is your problem then you can try this:

<b>

<i>Layout</i></b>

1) Create a subform. Don't check Expand to Fit Checkbox for width.

2) Suppose you gave Width of subform as 180, then first add two Textboxes of width 90 each.

3) In the second row add 5 textboxes of width 36.

4) Give proper bindings to Textboxes and subform.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you let me know which method you are using to design the form, through SFP transaction or webdynpros.

Pavan Meda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I use SFP transaction (PDF print forms).

Thx,

F.