cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display a single row in a chart after selecting a record in a table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the following situation and no clue how to solve it.

We have an output table showing 10 rows and we would like to have a chart which shows the data from the selected line of the table.

So in fact the data series of the chart should be filtered on the selected value (line).

How is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visual Composer has limitation in processing data with in itself. So you can take the data somewhere outside, massage it and send it back as a <i>data service</i>. You can pass then the selection in the view to this <i>data service</i> and return the result to the other display view (chart / table).

I have tried the following solution and it is working with my model. I have one table and chart in which I need to display the chart based on the selection in the table. This solution is fast. What you need to do is the following:

1. Create a System destination in portal pointing to same BW system. But not as SAP_BW <i>System Type</i> , but as SAP_R3 <i>System Type</i>

1. Create a DUMMY RFC function with changing parameters. For example if you have 1 string and 4 integers if the VC TABLE has 4 Key Figures and One Charecteristics. Dont have to write any code.

3. Now use this RFC as the <i>data service</i> in between the table and chart. Pull the table output to the data service. The output of the data service can be then connected to the chart.

Hope that this will resolve this long pending issue. My client is very happy resolving this issue for them.

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharafudheen,

<b>This is an excellent solution, I have tried it and it resolved my problem :).</b>

<b>Note:</b> I would like to reward points to you, but it seems that because I'm not the orginator of the question, I can't give any points!! Your reward already granted from Allah.

Thanks,

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connect the output of the chart to an input of a dataservice (BI query/BAPI/etc...). Then on this line, you will see the "select" event. Connect the output of this dataservice to a chart.

Make sure you map the parameter to pass to the dataservice from the table on the select line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

thanks for your answer.

This seems not to work in our case, as we want to limit the query to one measure and not a dimension.

The first query shows the different "gross result" levels for one business partner. When selecting one "gross result" level, this "gross result" should be shown on a chart with a time line.

We don't know how to filter the second query on the selected measure and we don't want to create one extra query for each possible measure.

Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance,

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know a good way of handling this. Maybe a BI Dropdown that passes filters to VC using the integration paper how to guide? This would pass filters to the web api port to limit your key figures...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

thanks for your answer. In the meantime we found the solution with the WebAPI, but thought that there is a "better" way.

Cheers,

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathias,

We are having the same problem, can you please tell use what is the solution that you have implemented (using WebAPI).

Thanks,

Ahmad Abdelrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope the solution will fit to your case also. Follow the same steps. The RFC layer is very fast and you will not feel that you are doing some server processing when you click on the Table Row. Also note that the RFC dont have any source code.