Did you mean: 

Attach files to the adobe form : offline

Former Member
0 Kudos

<u>Hi all,</u>

<b>NW04S

SPS8

We have the above mentioned.</b>

My requirement is to create an interactive form, that should have the ability to attach files offline. This means that the user of the form will have no access to the SAP system and should be able to attach supporting documents with the help of the adobe form itself, only.

How can this be done?

Is there any solution available to this or we still have to wait for forthcoming support packages?

<u>Regards.</u>

<i>Ali</i>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Web Dynpro for Java, this function will be available with SPS 10, on the ABAP side it will probably not be available before SPS 12.

For SPS schedules of SAP NetWeaver, go to <a href="http://service.sap.com/ocs-schedules">http://service.sap.com/ocs-schedules</a> > Basis, ABA, R/3 Support Package Schedule

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Our ABAP strength is strong therefore we prefer webdynpro in ABAP over Java. It is sad that the product currently lacks important features such as these.

Please, also confirm, does the end user needs to install the SAP ACF in order to see an adobe form embedded in WD?? Or is this resolved in the portal??

Thanks.

<b>Ali</b>

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

End users need the ACF, which enables the communication between Adobe Reader and the Web Dynpro framework in <b>online scenarios</b>, i.e. when the form runs in the browser. This is required until SPS 8 of 2004s, with which we ship the so-called ZCI (Zero Client Installation) integration, which is HTTP-based and therefore platform-independent. For more information, see SAP Notes 955795 and 956074.

Best,

Markus

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

End users need the ACF, which enables the communication between Adobe Reader and the Web Dynpro framework in <b>online scenarios</b>, i.e. when the form runs in the browser. This is required until SPS 8 of 2004s, with which we ship the so-called ZCI (Zero Client Installation) integration, which is HTTP-based and therefore platform-independent. For more information, see SAP Notes 955795 and 956074.

Best,

Markus

Answers (0)