cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Question About SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I am very new to SAP so I wonder if you all able to answer some of my questions and doubts here.

1. I have attempt to upload 2 similar attachment with the same name under bid response and strangely it was successful. I wonder if there is anyway I can prevent the users from doing so? A validation Like probably an alert pop up? This is over the web interface btw.

2. We are updating the product master from a r/3 daily by batch using XML. We will send any updates from the material and service master to the SRM to update the product master. So I wonder wat kind of FM or Bapi can i use to merge the Service and Material master into the product master? Do note tis is done daily.

I will generously reward those who can give me something helpful. hope to hear from u all sooN!

Cheers

Jason Chee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chee,

2. If I understand yr requirement correctly, what you are looking at is delta download for matl/ service masters, which is a standard function for SRM.

For this you need to maintain the tables as per the note 720819.

maintain filters in R3AC1 (if required)

create a request in R3AR2.

and schedule this request as a background job in R3AR4 with desired frequency.

This will update the masters in SRM periodically.

(of course yr other settings should be as per config guide.)

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh!

Well apparently we are not integrated with a R/3 system. correct me if I am wrong but this solution cannot be applicable to me...

Our SRM is standalone and it has to interface with another system (R/3 based) to receive material and service master (likely in the form of XML) daily.

So yup this is the scenario... Do u or anyone have any suggestions?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.You can use the badi "BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI" to put any checks before attaching the documents.The table "ET_ATTACH" is used to store the attachments.

2.The objects for MATERIAL/SERVICE are different.Why do you want to merge these?

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Disha! I will look into BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI. ")

Well agree but product master contains both Material and Service as well no? If there are any changes to the R/3 System, we will update the corresponding record in Product Master in SRM. Thats the requirement... Anyways say for if I want to do it for Material master alone and update to the Product master by XML files, what can I use (BAPI, FM ect) to update the fields in product master?

Do let me noe....