cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F1 shows only empty content in help window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm experiencing some problems with the usual help screens. Everytime that I call for the help screen (F1), on any content that usually shows documentation, i get nothing but a blank page.

I believe this is related to the Sap Gui ( i use the 640 for Windows) because i have tried with different systems and the problem remains, and with the Java Gui the help contents are shown.

I have already reinstalled the sap gui twice, and this procedure has not solved the symptom.

Does anyone have a possible solution for the problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you use a Proxy server (IE -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Proxy Server) make sure to set also "Bypass proxy server for local adresses".

Bye, Filippo Bottega.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same issue. On one of the user's PC the performance assistance and F1 help was not displayed with his sap user id but at the same time it was displayed on the same PC with another sap user id.

Is there any user specific settings in SAP system to display the Help???

I tried with the users sap id on differnt PC there also same thing was happening.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem.Only for one SAP User Id the F1 help in Performance Assistant was NOT getting displayed. For other User Ids on the same system it was working fine.

Please let me know the solution.

Regards,

Smitha.

Rudi_Wiesmayr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have a look into

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/SAPGUIandtheWindowsRegistry

Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to update everyone, was playing around more and more, since I was trying to get my head around the fact that why wouldn't MY patch 22 not fix the problem.

Well, in case anyone else encounters this, it appears that Norton Internet Security 07 in combination with IE7 can also cause this "Page Cannot be Displayed" error, or like the one I get in the workflow builder "This program cannot display the webpage".

So, not only to do with the F1 issue, but for other developers out there using SE80/workflow builder, etc, thought I would mention it.

If I turn off the "Phishing Protection" option in Norton, I no longer see any errors.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone that has applied patch 22 in which fixed the problem post what version of saphtml.ocx they are using (in the "Loaded DLL's" button in the About SAP Logon via you SAP Logon Pad).

Reason being is I have patch up to 22 for 6.40 and still having problems with the "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" error in SE80 and the Workflow builder.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tapeworm the same problem, I apply patch 22 of SAPGUI and the problem I am solved, thanks for the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm gonna have to tapeworm with Gustavo, patch 22 works for me too, as do online translators.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be related to <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896054">this</a>...

Short of the long is

Go to regedit and add the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x\ItssRestrictions

Then add the DWORD value

MaxAllowedZone = 1

There's also an OSS note but I don't have the number on me. It essentially points you to that MSKB article.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't even have the ItssRestrictions node on the registry.

However i remembered that maybe it could be the help options on sap, so i activated the modal settings for the help windows, and now i have the contents being shown.

Anyway thank you very much for the attention and support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to set the modal settings for windows ? iam having the same problem

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy

First of all i must announce that i have solved only half of the problem with the modal settings of the windows.

Then i must say that i found the cause of the problem, and it might sound ridiculous. I installed IE7, and IE7 has issues related with the HtmlHelp of the sap. I removed it, and everything is ok now.

About the modal settings you have tou go to:

Help->Options-> F1 Help (tab)

And you'll find the modal settings right away. There is another modal setting in the rightmost tab, i also setted it active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Thank you very much. May be i also will un install IE 7

and see. But if I m not wrong this problem was there even before I installed IE7.

Any way I am not getting the help in the performance assistant which we are all used to

thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's another problem around here that could help you out, altough it didn't do anything for me:

Until i removed IE7, i didn't get any performance assistance kind of help as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I uninstalled IE7 and it solved all problems....

Many Thanks for the help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey buddy,

dont forget to award a point

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS note: 950975 should solve the problem

-

Summary

Symptom

After upgrading to Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 you encounter issues in SAP GUI for Windows. Some sections or complete pages are not displayed. Instead you see empty sections (e.g. in transaction SE80 and a number of others).

Other terms

HTML Control; Support for IE7; Internet Explorer 7; No display; Empty HTML page; HTML Viewer; IE7; IE 7; IE 7.0; Microsoft;.SAP GUI for Windows; Internet Explorer 7.0;

Reason and Prerequisites

Release 7 of Internet Explorer is not completely compatible to release 6 and since SAP GUI is using the Internet Explorer in the HTML control which is a part of a number of applications we have to adapt our components to the Internet Explorer 7.

Solution

If you encounter issue with missing information after installing Internet Explorer 7 please apply one of the SAP GUI patches mentioned below (or a newer one):

SAP GUI for Windows 6.20 Patchlevel 64

SAP GUI for Windows 6.40 Patchlevel 20

SAP GUI for Windows 7.10