Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xi install problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Iam doing the installation of XI 3.0. I have done the

central instance, database instance, pre and post install steps of ABAP, Pre and post install steps of Java Addin successfully.

Now after doing the preinstall steps of the XI(like changing the thread count, max perm size, max heap size parameters in visual admin) i restarted the server and started with XI installation steps. Now when i give the password of J2EE_admin in one of the steps it says invalid password.

When i tried to login to the ABAP stack with this J2EE_admin user and password it is working.

Also now when i tried to login to the visual administrator it throws this error "Unable to lookup connection Default".

Also when i go to this page http:
hostname:50000\index iam getting "Dispatcher runnning but no server connected" error.

I guess when i restarted the server after setting up the visual admin parameters(Preinstall steps of xi) this problem has started.

Iam really struggling to get past this step.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try undoing your changes made.

We had a problem with Max_heap_size (I think) and we amended it and it resolved the problem.

If you have a problem with the j2ee_admin password, log onto configeditor and amend the password in secure store Admin/password/<SID>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

I got through that problem by reinstalling the Java instance and in the preinstall steps of XI, i didnot alter the MaxPermSize parameter. Then when i restarted the java engine was coming up.

Thanks

Pradeep

Answers (0)