cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra printing in web dynpro/Adobe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have zebra label print designs in place (we dont want to design using adobe designer). Now we would like to enable subcontractors to print them online using web dynpro/Portal.

1. one way I identified is send the zebra spool as a file and save it in the local disks and print it using zebra printer.

Whats the better and efficient way to approach? How everybody is doing this?. Doesnt SAP have any solutions?.

Thanks ,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe comes with ABAP backend print support for Zebra label printers.

However, as with all backend printing the required output formats are placed in the spool. To my knowledge, there is no standard SAP way to make these spool-based formats available for print in a Web Dynpro application. In addition, note that in the ABAP backend SAP doesn't print from the PDF, which for these processes has only got a preview function. Depending on the scenario, printing is done from PS, PCL or ZPL through the corresponding SAP device types.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Markus,

I know that only you will respond. Thanks. I want to get the spool file loaded in portal server(KM) when we make call to the RFC, and then RFC will return filename. With that file name, I will search that file in KM and will attach it to the File DownLoad. Then subcontractors will save it to the disk, and they will print it using Zebra Printer.

Do you think I can resolve it through this approach? Or do u recommend any other efficient approach?.

Thanks,

Raj.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I can't really comment on this as I am neither an expert on the Portal/KM nor printing. I checked with a colleague regarding the printing, and he agrees that downloading the spool file locally (and manually) is the only way to print outside the spool.

Whether the way you suggest through a download/Portal site would work is probably more a question for the Portal and/or Web Dynpro forum, where other customers could answer from their real-life perspective.

Cheers,

Markus