cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC channel Windows Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know please whether XI can use Windows Authentication when connecting with JDBC adapter to SQL Server Database.

Please share your experience.

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as my knowledge goes, it's not possible due to the reason that the JDBC adapter itself does not directly talk to the target database. The Adapter communicates to the JDBC complaint driver and passes the connection details, credentials and the JDBC connection parameters that's specified on the adapter configuration and the JDBC driver takes care the rest of it.

The JDBC adapter itself is abstracted from the any details of how to connect to the target database. It's the responsiblity of the drivers which operate underneath.

Which means we need to understand how this credentials are interpretted by the driver ? If you look at the standard JDBC adapter settings it clearly mentions that it is "USER ID" and "PASSWORD" for the target database. So the adapter passes these credentials to the driver with an understanding that they are for DB level authentication. So nothing can be done at that level to have windows authentication. (unless you build a customer adapter from scratch to mean differently... but the issue may not be solved.. we need to ask the following question..)

Which leaves us with the driver.. Drivers in general talk directly to the listeners which sit on top of the underlying database. The Operating system on which they reside does not interfere between a driver calls to the listener at a port number.

I guess the answer to your question would be that it's not possible.

Hope this helps

Answers (0)