cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS - Document Validity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Does anybody know if exist a functionality to handle date of validity of a DMS document? I mean, after approving a document (with the "Release Flag"), I need to fix "manually" a date that the document will be "valid to", the date that the document is "valid from" is automatic when the status with the release indicator is set. The standard system places the date "valid to" automatically.

Thanks!

Regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i want to use the field "VRLDAT" to define a validate date to a document, but 'i can't find it in any dynpro.

Please, anybody know how i can mantain a valid date information for a document in DMS?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

The easiest way to do this is by using classification.

You need to create a user exit using DOCUMENTMAIN01, when a document is released, it must populate the classification field with a valid to/from date.

In the same exit, you could then also check when the document is accessed, and if it surpasses the valid to date, you can "prompt" the user that the document is no longer valid.

If you really want to get smart, you can, in the same user exit, change the documents status to "Not Valid" after the allowed period has been reached.

Regards,

Freddie Botha

www.documation.co.za

SAP DMS, CAD Integration, Data Archiving, Imaging & Scanning, Workflow

freddieb@documation.co.za

Please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

If you go to Extras\Versions even if you are not using de ECM the systems puts automatically the validity dates. Due to this I want to know if a could change manually.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 'Valid To' date is adjusted automatically if you are using Engineering Change Management to change your documents.

For example, if you have a released document version 01 that is valid from 10/19/2006 to 12/31/9999 and you create a new version 02 and release it using ECO which is valid from 01/01/2007, it automatically adjusts the valid to date for version 01 to 12/31/2006. That means,

version 01 valid from 10/19/2006 to 12/31/2006

version 02 valid from 01/01/2007 to 12/31/9999

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't find valid to date in DMS but for contractmanagment we have build a classification where we define fields like valid to and respond before dates

classes CL02

characteristics CT04

perhaps there is a user exit which can fill those dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the idea but I was looking for something more "transparent" to the users..

Regards!