cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Sharepoint Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

has anyone already made experience with the integration of MS Sharepoint with the SAP EP, especially for KMC features?

Any information about this topic is appreciated.

Kind regards

Christopher Höfele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find under this link a technical guidance for connecting ShartPoint Server to SAP R/3. There is also a set of sample WebPart as well as WebServices available under this link.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4a581c05-4a3f-4daf-b96d-804b83f34868&Displa...

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the WSS WebDAV Connector (aka "SharePoint WebDAV Connector, SWC) was released some days ago and a new Interoperability Section on Microsoft-sap.com is now live.

See http://www.microsoft-sap.com/technology.aspx --> SAP Enterprise Portal (EP) for the WSS WebDAV Connector.

Kind regards,

Robert Draken, Comma Soft AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

Does anyone know whether you can Integrate SAP Document Management with Microsoft's SharePoint?

Please advise,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of integration are you interested in ? Do you want to access SharePoint based documents from your SAP EP to work with them as well in (nearly) every available KM enabled SAP EP solution ?

Kind regards, Robert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you all had a good festive season.

In getting back to the SAP DMS & MS SharePoint integration question.

I want to create a Document Information Record in SAP, and attach a file to this DIR that is currently stored in MS SharePoint. Typically, when you attach a file to the SAP DMS DIR, you can store it in the SAP Knowledge Provider (KPRO) or similar storage areas.

So, in essence, I want to use MS SharePoint as my secure storage area.

Any advice will be apreciated.

Regards

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Freddie,

this will not work.

SAP DMS supports a Standard Interface so that external storage can be used in SAP DMS. Several vendors have developed such an integration. Microsoft does not offer such an integration.

Best regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andre,

What alternatives are then available?

I want to create the master data (DIR's) in SAP and store the documents (in Sharepoint).

Even if I can not store files from SAP DMS to a Sharepoint Server, would I be able to access files that have allready been stored in Sharepoint?

The idea would then be to store all new documents in SAP's KPRO.

Regards,

Freddie.

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Freddie,

I don't know it but I doubt it.

You will have to be able to access documents using the existing interfaces SAP DMS offers. As discussed the interface SAP DMS is using to access external repositories is not implemented by Microsoft.

Best regards,

Andre

Answers (0)