cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPJCO 2.1.7 and JCO.Pool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I've got a problem after a update from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7.

We are using the JCO.Pool to handle user connections between a Web Application and SAP.

A connection will be created and stored into a pool. As soon as this user want to request data, the connection will be fetched from the pool and used for the transmission.

This works fine with 2.1.6.

With 2.1.7 I will get the Exception: "com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Trying to use a JCO.Client from pool xxxxx which has not been allocated properly".

I'm calling JCO.Client.isAlive() first to be sure that everything is Ok - and this method returns a true...but as soon as I call JCO.Client.execute(), the Exception is thrown...

Again, 2.1.6 works fine.

Is anybody out there with an idea?

Best regards

Uwe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Hotfix delivered by SAP solved this Problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this error might comes

possibilities:

Exception caused by network problems, connection

breakdowns, gateway problems, unavailability of the

remote SAP system, etc.

Actions:

get the host of the SAP System from dev_jrfc.trc or

the JRFC trace; ping the SAP system from command

line; check routers, gateways, SAP systems.

check any of those.

Guide for JCo Error . 5th point relates to your error

solution also there try it once.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f3f93ee7-0c01-0010-2593-d7c...

Thanks,

Lohi.

Message was edited by: Lohitha M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohitha,

I was out of office, therefore this late reaction from my side - sorry.

The possible reasons you wrote in your mail are the standard errors out of the SAP-Documentation.

Unfortunately(?) the network is ok and all the servers are up and running - otherwise I would get the same error message with 2.1.6...

I guess it has something to do with the connection pool.

But I will check the document accessible by the link you've sent, maybe I'll find anything.

Thanks for it!

Best regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uwe,

Did you ever find a resolution to your JCo 2.1.7 Connection pooling problem? I just moved up to 2.1.7, and am seeing the same error message, in programs that worked in 2.16.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I'm currently working on another project and wasn't able to work on this problem. But sooner or later I have to clearify it - especially because the 2.1.6 for Linux was <harrumph> lost in our server department and therefore we went out of alternatives...

I will post a possible solution - as soon as I've got one.

Maybe I have to get in contact to a SAP developer.

Best regards to somewhere in the world

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

There is a SAP-Note 977407 with a Hotfix for Version 2.1.7 - it sounds as it could be a solution.

I've tried the download but it didn't work, because the Windows dll-files are not included in this package (just the '.so' Unix libraries).

But I don't know which OS you are using - maybe this hotfix is Ok for you.

Best regards an good luck

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uwe,

Thank you for the tip. That note does does have the Windows version Hotfix now, and I was able to download and test it, and it did fix my JCO Pool error. Unfortunately for me, I just do my development on Windows, and need to deploy to z/OS on the mainframe, and they haven't posted that version of the Hotfix yet.

You wondered where I was from. Most weeks I work from my home on the island of Martha's Vineyard off the US East Coast. About once a month I spend at my client's site near Washington, DC. Where are you?

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I wasn't able to test this hotfix, because the download manager is not working on my PC and there is no direct link at the note...I have to wait until next week, to ask somebody from our server operations dept. to do me a favor...

Fortunately we have no time pressure in that case (deployment in week 50)!

So I'm working with 2.1.6 on my windows PC for development.

Located on the islands of Martha's Vineyard...hmmm...sounds very nice.

I'm located in Germany, close to Frankfurt - no islands around here...

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just for completeness - this problem was solved with the Hotfix for SAPJCO 2.1.7.

Thanks to everybody who was involved.

Best regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lindemann,

Make sure that you have put the new librfc32.dll in the system32 directory of the OS installation e.g. C:\WINNT\system32.

Try this, and let me know.

Best regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Sorry for this late answer - I was out of office.

The librfc32.dll is unfortunately not the problem - I'm using a batch file to install the relevant version (forth and back) and the librfc32.dll is part of the copy procedure. Additionally I'm processing a file compare to make sure, that all files are copied successful and correct.

Thanks for your answer.

Uwe