cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to integrate a web service into my VC model. I have defined the WS, and the corresponding methods appear in the Data Service. But if I try to test the WS I get an error "Portal request failed (could not execute Web service operation)". There is no entry in any log file about the problem. Any idea ?

Regards, Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Same problem..

I've developed a simple web service which returns a LinkedList object with some information. I've deployed it and works fine when I test it in the Web Service Configuration section of the J2EE Engine page.

So, I create a Web Service based system in my Portal, test it and everything goes fine.

In VC I used that WS to obtain the data, but It didn't work.

If I test it, I get an error.

I have created an iView which, aparently, should present a Table with the data returned from the WS, but this table is empty when I run the iView...

Has anyone solve this kind of problems?

Thanks a lot,

Alberto.

PD: I've defined another Web Service based system in VC and still doesn't work..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Alberto

please tell me your input and output field of your web service. Tell me is there any optional field in your input.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh

input: Start Point

output: Table View. In this table view I have added a column. I suppose that returned LinkedList elements should appear in this column...

Sure I have something missed...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto

I want to know your webservice input and output and their types.

In my case, webservice had some optional fields but in VC i need to pass default value to work it fine.

Third, is your VC server and webservice deployed server are same?

Please tell me the error message also

Regards

Saurabh Garg

Message was edited by: saurabh Garg

Saurabh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh, my web service only has one method.

This method has no input parameter and returns one LinkedList object.

Here's the class with the source code:

public class ListadoFacturas {

public LinkedList listaFacturas(){

LinkedList lista = new LinkedList();

lista.add("Factura 1");

lista.add("Factura 2");

lista.add("Factura 3");

return lista;

}

}

I want to show that data in my VC table. If I run the generated iView I have no error, but nothing appears.

VC and WS are in the same machine: localhost.

I'm not sure how to map the returned (expecting everything goes well) data in the table...

Thanks a lot.

Alberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alberto

I don't think that data is in your VC table because as you said in your previous post that when <b>you test it, u get an error</b>. It means problem still with web service. Webservice is not ablr to fetch the data from the server.

Regards

Saurabh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

And where can I find the log?

When I test the WS in VC I only get this message:

"Portal Request Failed"

But... If I test the WS in J2EE Admin page it works fine...

Thanks.

Alberto.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies Saurabh.

Here's the log:

VisualComposer Server: HelpMapIndex.xml was not found

Best regards.

Alberto.

werner_miehle
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have the same issue. I launched the service I know the service has been executed and sent back some return information in a basic structure, but Visual Composer can not treat the return information.

Really funny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Werner

Are you getting this error at webservice testing time or in your final application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we could avoid the problem when we disabled the user authentication of the web service. So it is not necessary to enter user credentials when setting up a new WS system via VC.

Sure, for security reasons this is no solution. But just for testing WS connections with VC applications it is helpful.

By the way, before disabling the user authentication I've also traced the VC request to the WS system. For me it seemed when using user authentication sometimes the system configuration (?) switches to "Guest" user mode and then WS access fails. Why this is happening I don't understand. Maybe somebody has heard of this.

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. Usually, when I include a webservice first it works fine but after a while suddenly it appears that failure without any reason. I also tried to find some hints in the logs but no success.

Could it be a problem with the webservice system integration of visual composer. I heard something about that in earlier versions of vc. Is this problem still existing in the latest version of vc (NW2004s SP9)? Or could it be a problem of authentication?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the proxy settings are fine. Otherwise the WSDL file could not be loaded.

Regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

So when you run the connection test for this system on the portal, it is successful?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your proxy:

/people/prakash.darji/blog/2006/10/10/external-web-service-proxy-configuration-for-visual-composer