cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EJB 3.0 project wizard does not come up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently downloaded the JEE 5.0 compliant application server from SDN.

Inside NetWeaver Development Studio, when I try to create a new EJB 3.0 project, I get the following error:

"The selected wizard could not be started.

Reason:

Plung-in com.sap.ide.j2ee.ui was unable to load class com.sap.ide.j2ee.ui.wizard.SapEjbProjectWizard"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Makarand,

I downloaded and installed the SAP Application Server Java EE 5 Edition few weeks ago and the EJB30 Wizard (in the NetWeaver Development Studio) worked fine. I can guess that during your installation this plug-in was not copied correctly due to some reason and I would suggest the following:

1.Completely uninstall the server and NetWeaver Developer studio

2. Delete the folder

3. Install the Sap NetWeaver Application Server Java EE 5 Edition and NetWeaver Development Studion using Default installation option.

Have you tried any custom options during your instalation by the way? Different Java version for example?

Greetings,

Bobby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borislav!

Don't you think that this approach is a little bit brute force?

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robin

I am just telling that EJB30 Wizard works fine on my machine (same installation). In order to suggest less brutal approach we need additional info

Greetings,

Bobby

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. Although my jdk was 5.0 and the JAVA_HOME was pointing to it, and although my previous installation of the appserver and the dev studio was done using default installation option, the brute force option worked!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Please check if your installed JDK is >= JDK 1.5 and your JAVA_HOME is pointing to that JDK installation. Our Java EE 5 specific wizards for the IDE do only work with JDK 1.5 and later. However, the error message could be improved here.

Best Regards,

Robin

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That was also what i was thinking about. However, the shortcut for the IDE is configured like

C:\SAP\DevStudio\eclipse\SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.exe <b>-vm C:\SAP\JP1\SYS\exe\run\sapjvm_5\bin\javaw.exe </b>-data C:\SAP\DevStudio\eclipse\workspace

In that context, could it be possible that you have manually changed the shortcut after the installation? Or started the IDE not from the shortcut?

> However, the error message could be improved here.

I would suggest that more info about the error could be found in the workspace\.metadata\.log file.

Hope that helps a bit!

-Vladimir