cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 WDP projects sharing same session or request object passed

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to create a new webdynpro project without UME login. This project mainly is to be called by external application for example a VB application. What this project going to do is to use the getRequestParameter() method to get the Http Header Info which posted by the VB application, then use the webdynpro interface controller to redirect the request object to our main Application which is with the UME login. Can the two projects share the same session or can the request object passed to pur main project. Can this be done?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By <b>default</b> both of the project will share the same session. It means that as long as you use the same browser window and not invalidating session explicitly you are in the same session. Moreover, you can continue with this session from different browser windows (or other http clients) by simply copying all the request parameters and cookies from one client session to another.

Hope it helps.

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if the first web dynpro project does not have a login process ,conceptually is there a session to share?

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

Yes, there is. Even anonymous use of WAS and Web Dynpro has it session info. This is done not only because the security issues but also to enable statefull use of web applications.

Regards,

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean the <i>'guest'</i> user.But how will the session of an anonymous user will be useful with a web dynpro app requiring a login. I thought that was what Yew was trying to achieve.

Apologies if I havent understood the post correctly

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

It can be useful because you can pass the http request parameters from guest session to authenticated one. To make this it is better to use servlets as you pointed out. I think that this is what Yew meant in his question, but I can be wrong as well

Regards,

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yew

It would be better that you use a servlet instead of a web dynpro app for the VB app to call. This way you have the liberty to use most of the servlet apis.

As for redirection to a web dynpro app which has authentication turned on , only way you could log into the target web dynpro app is by supplying both the userid and password . I think suppying j_user and j_password along with some other parameters together with their values in the HTTP post should allow you to log into the application.

Regards

Pran