cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reverse transportation

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is reverse transportation?

Could anyone give me Clear idea about this concept?

In which situations we use this?

If possible provide me the links.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello RKV,

I am not really sure what you exactly mean by reverse transportation but if it means transporting a request in reverse direction of transport routes set up in TMS then may be I can give you couple of inputs from my side.

Suppose your TMS has this landscape:

DEV>QAS->PRD

where DEV is your development system, QAS is quality audit system and PRD is productio.

So in ideal scenario transports will move from DEV to QAS and QAS to PRD.

However if you want to move certain changes from QAS to DEV or from PRD to DEV then you need to break away from TMS set up.

Suppose you need to move changes from QAS to DEV. Try saving those changes in workbench/customizing transport request in QAS.

After that create a transport of copies request with target as DEV.<client of DEV system where transport needs to be moved).

Now include the objects of the original workbench/customizing transport into this transport of copies request. For this select the transport of copies request and do CTRL+F11.

A pop up would come. Input the customizing/workbench TR in the pop up and press enter. This appraoch will work only if you are able to save the objects that need to be moved in a workbench/customizing TR.

This thing may not be possible for an application table if table attributes are maintained in such a way that it doesnot ask for a TR anytime new enteries are made to a table(infact this is ideal case for application tables and all standard SAP application tables are like that).

In such a case where saving changes in a cust/workbench TR are not possible directly create a transport request and try to include table entries in it. For this click on transport of copies request then do shift+F11.

A new screen will come up. Go to change mode and select new entries.

Now you will see lots of rows where you can give your input.

Your entry should be like ths:

PGMID: R3TR

Obj: TABU

Object name: <Name of table whose entries need to be moved.

After this save it. Double click on the table name. You will get a message that this is application table. Ignore it,press enter and you will come to a screen where you can input the key through which you can specify which entries need to be moved.

The same approach can be followed to moved changes from PRD to QAS or PRD to DEV.

Now the question why will such scenarion arise. It will be when thereis mismatch in entries in the systems and you would like the them to be same. For such small thing you would like to go for system copy. Hence you make use of TMS to overcome the issue. We do it quite often on our landscape which is far more complex than a 3 or 4 system landscape.

I hope I was of some help to you.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.