cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server not found nw2004 sp7 java trial edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have installed nw2004 sp7 java trial edition and everything went fine.i started j2E thro MMC and everything is green and up running.But when i access localhost:50100/irj,it says the page cannot be displayed(cannot find server).Following are the other details that might give u all a idea about my system.

OS- win2003 server

installed loop back adapter as well(200.200.200.20 , tried changing to 10.10.0.10 but not working)

i already have sap abap engine installed and running fine.

Host name - erp(my system name),

etc\host - 127.0.0.1 localhost as entry in it.

i guess the problem is in my host file.what is the ip address and host name i should put there. i tried the following option in my host file ,but no success

200.200.200.20 erp

192.168.1.3(permanent ip) erp

200.200.200.20 localhost

192.168.1.3 localhost

what should i do?

Thanks for u'r help in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

can u give me little more answer.your Sap Server is running with LAN or microsoft Loopback adapter, and u need to by pass the server name.

Open internet Explorer -- Tools -- Internet Options -- Connections -- Lan settings-- Advanced--exceptions- enter ur hostname like erp.*

May be it helps

regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Thanks for u'r reply.My Sap server is running with loopback adapter.i tried u'r suggestion but still it says 'the page cannot be displayed.i tried http://200.200.200.20:50100/irj,and one more question ,in u'r suggestion u said to enter hostname in exceptions,in the Lan settings there is something called use u'r proxy server with address and port,do i need to mention something there?

this is the entry in host file

127.0.0.1 localhost

200.200.200.20 ERP

J2E is running and showing green in MMC.

i don't know why eventhough everything is running in MMC,i cannot run it on browser..

Any help greatly appreciated..Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Try to open with like Http://erp:50100/irj

In LAN setting select the check box Proxy server and Bypass proxy server then click on Advance.

In exceptions tab

enter ERP.*;localhost

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I tried u'r suggestion,but still getting the page cannot be displayed,may be i have to uninstall and install again.