cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc -> XI -> IDoc Flat File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone:

We have a situation where we need to process an outbound IDoc through XI and create a flat IDoc file on a file server.

Everything works fine, but when file is created; it's in XML format. I have done the configuration in SXMB_ADM, so that it won't convert the IDoc to XML, but it still does i.e. segments and fields tags are added before and after the values. For example,

<Z1JBRS SEGMENT="1">

<CTEUSR>SOMEUSER</CTEUSR>

<CTEDTE>20000906</CTEDTE>

<CHEUSR>No User</CHEUSR>

<CHEDTE>00000000</CHEDTE>

<CHETME>000000</CHETME>

</Z1JBRS>

All I want is to create the same flat file that will get created if I use the "rfcexec"/"startrfc" criteria from SAP, which transfers the file to EDI Sub-System. Has anyone come across this situation? Any information / direction / suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it Idoc is passing thru XI, then it will convert into xml as XI can understand xml format.,

So if you want to get flat file, you need to convert xml into flat structure,. For this you need to use option of "File Content Conversion" in File Reciever Communication channel. If so, you need to configure content conversion for this.

Refer this guide-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1...

Regards,

Moorthy