cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 and EP 6.0 backup ******

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to schedule XI and EP backup. I nkow only ABAP engine backup , never worked on J2ee engine backup.

Any idea on this.

Thanks

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince ,

My concern is if i want to schedule backup through brbackup, online every time i have to down SDM then schedile backup?

Anotherthis is that if schedule offline backup , first oracle will down then will up automatically. Mean time ABAP engine also up, what about j2ee negine database ?

-Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa,

My answer concerns the second question:

As far as I know, You should take off the ABAP and J2EE and then the database. It is not recommended to shut the database instance while the SAP instance is online.

Regards,

Dimitry Haritonov

Former Member
0 Kudos

for EP till WAS Java6.2 you cannot take online backup from AS JAVA 6.4 you can take online backup of the portal database ,usr/sap folder and registry entries .this is for a simple solution where your users are stored in database ,if u have KM+Trex you need to take the backuo of these databases separately .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thnks for your long explanation. I dont think you have understood my problem. I have posted the query , how to schedule XI and EP backup.

How to take backup . Please suggest.

- Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lisa-

Seems you are intrested in Java stack backup.This is nothing but taking the file system backup , make sure SDM is down while taking online backup.Also check

Documentation on http://help.sap.com

Documentation

SAP NetWeaver

Technical Operations Manual

Management of SAP Web Application Server (Java)

Backup & Recovery of SAP Web Application Server Java

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Starting and Stopping the SAP Web AS ABAP+J2EE System

Use

You can use this procedure to stop and restart the J2EE Engine in case of the J2EE Engine installed as an add-in in a SAP Web AS ABAP System.

The J2EE Engine gets automatically started with the ABAP System, but you can stop and restart the J2EE Engine. If you don’t restart the J2EE Engine it will be launched again with the next restart of the ABAP System.

Procedure

1. In the ABAP System start the ICM Monitor (transaction SMICM or by choosing Administration ® System Management ® Monitor ® System Monitoring ® Internet Communication Manager).

2. On the initial screen of the ICM monitor (Transaction SMICM), choose Administration ® J2EE Server.

3. Choose one of the following functions:

· Sending a Soft Shutdown (With or Without a Restart)

The (ABAP) dispatcher of the SAP Web Application Server sets the restart flag for the J2EE Engine and sends the SOFTSHUTDOWN message to the J2EE Engine. The dispatcher does not actively close the connection, the J2EE Engine must close itself instead. If the application server is restarted, the J2EE Engine is restarted by the dispatcher.

· Sending a Hard Shutdown (With or Without a Restart)

The (ABAP) dispatcher of the SAP Web Application Server sets the restart flag for the J2EE Engine and sends the HARDTSHUTDOWN message to the J2EE Engine. The dispatcher does not actively close the connection, the J2EE Engine must close itself instead. If the application server is restarted, the J2EE Engine is restarted by the (ABAP) dispatcher.

· Ending the Process (With or Without a Restart)

The SAP Web Application Server’s dispatcher sets the restart flag for the J2EE Engine and sends a signal to the process (shell or Java process). If the application server is restarted, the J2EE Engine is restarted by the dispatcher.

· Restart Yes/No

This sets the J2EE Engine’s restart flag.