cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plz give real life scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Plz someone give the real life scenarios. for eg when v work on some scenario how many SLD's do v use? yesterday i had an interview and in tht the guy asked me how many SLD's did u use? i cudnt speak a word bcoz i dont even know there wud b multiple SLD's in the project.plz someone come out with the issues which u have faced while working on the RFC->websevices scenario.

Thanx

Xilearner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be 2 r 3 SLD's .it depends on system landscape . if it is 3 system landscape DEV,QLT,PRD there should be 3 SLD's. If it is two system landscape it would be 2 SLD's. hope clear.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear XI Guru,

Pass you Email Id , i will send some documents relate to SLD which will help you a lot. Next time you will not face the same situation,

Advantages of Multiple SLD

1) Load is blanced

2) Easy to maintain

3) Easy to track and trouble shoot the problem

Assume if we have SLD commom for all the three DEV,QTY & PRD, When we make any new changes it will reflect immediately assume you are checking and modifying in DEV this will Impact instantly the PRD where the Real time Scenerio will be impacted. So it is always better to have different SLD to posses control on the Project.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

my email ID is sunitha.g11@gmail.com. plz send me the docs.

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

As Vijaya suggested, there can be more than one SLD's in use. Generally organizations have different SLD's for DEV and Prod.

So the ideal answer would be 'It depends on companies landscape and it may vary from 1 to 3 or more'.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The number of SLD's in your system landscape depends on the Architect of your company.

Generally it's on SLD for development and Quality environemt

One for Prodcution

Or you can have one each for dev, Quality and production env.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx a lot vijaya, but usually when they ask this question wht is the answer v have to give.is it 3 or v have to say it is just 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In an ideal scenario it should never be one as the prodcution SLD should be independent of dev and Quality.

So u can say two or three.

Regards

Vijaya

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends.. There can be n number of SLD or even we can go for centralized SLD. From my point of view its always better to have one SLD for complete landscape as SLD is meant for that.

Regards,

prakash