Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What next?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it looks like XI is not the friendliest thing in the world

We're talking about csv to xml conversion, file is picked from file folder and stored in the folder via ftp.

I created data types, message types, message interfaces, message mappings and interface mappings in Integration Builder:Design. After that, I created scenario and communication channels, sender and receiver agreements, interface determination and receiver determination.

And now what? In communication channel where file should be read from directory folder, I put Poll interval 60 secs.

Nothing is happening, I looked at the Runtime Workbench but no activity there...

Is there some switch so process will be started or what?

Thank you in advance!

BR,

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivan,

Did you check the message monitoring on runtime workbench. When you goto message monitoring on runtime workbench, choose adapter engine and run a search for System errors there. Sometimes if your adapter is defined as an EOIO , and if there has been a file content conversion error in adapter, it will not pick the other messages unless you have corrected this error.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I uploaded package with scenario export XI3_0_FS2FS.tpz (from Integration directory), sw component export XI3_0_SC_WH1_1.0_of_pliva.com.tpz (Integration repository) and also test file to http://www.verzend.be/v/1832304/package.zip.html

I changed scenario a bit so receiver is also using folder, not ftp.

Please, can you look objects directly and suggest what's wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivan,

Am I correct to assume that the file is still present in the directory. if so, can you please check the file permissions. I have experienced that if i place a file having attributes(640), then the file adapter does not pick up the file. So usually I change it to 664 when I manually put a file into the source directory for testing and then it gets picked up.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikram,

permissions are OK, btw., I'm using windows system, not unix.

BR,

Ivan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the ReadOnly option in the sender file adapter channel configuration.

Also check the error log in the Visual Admin.

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try as Krishna said...

Also go to the file right click and see the properties of the file if everything is fine...

@Krishna

What is Diwali special?

Regards,

Prakash

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Check Whethere the ADAPTER is Active Status, ( At the TOP of the Screen at right we can see the Status )

2) Check Whether the Path you mentioned in the Adapter is correct, Kindly check the front/back Slash.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for replying, where do you mean 'TOP od the Screen' for adapter, in Integration Builder: Configuration or Runtime Workbench?

Btw., paths are OK.

BR,

Ivan

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>( At the TOP of the Screen at right we can see the Status )

In the ID, Click the Communication channel where you will find your Adapter. In that Screen the right TOP you will find the Status.

Do you like to have a screen Print,

I am reachable at -agasthuri@gmail.com

Did you tried Cache refresh :

a)Start transaction SXI_CACHE.

b)From the context menu XI Runtime Cache select Start Complete Cache Refresh.

If you still face issue try this .

Many actions require to access System Landscape Directory content from the Integration Builder. To optimize performance, this content is loaded into a cache so that the System Landscape Directory does not have to be accessed directly each time that System Landscape Directory content is required.

However, this cache is not automatically updated if changes are made to the content of the System Landscape Directory. For this reason that we delete the System Landscape Directory cache if changes have been made to content in the System Landscape Directory. The cache is then filled each time that the System Landscape Directory is accessed. If we log on to the Integration Builder after we have made a change in the SLD, we do not need to delete the SLD cache.

To clear the SLD cache, from the Integration Builder main menu, choose Environment ® Delete Cache for SLD Data.

Once we have deleted the cache for SLD data, accessing objects in the SLD may take longer than usual initially.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried complete cache refresh few times, adapter says it's active.

BR,

Ivan

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>In communication channel where file should be read from directory folder, I put Poll interval 60 secs.

Nothing is happening,

Can you Check the file name to be read from the folder,Which we mention it in the Adapter. The name should be the same only then the Adapter reads the file.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean "the name should be the same"?

In the field there is a directory 'D:/IT Center/v1.5/bin/Repository/xi' and File name is 'PO*.csv'. There is one test file in the directory named PO200610111353.csv

BR, Ivan

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> "the name should be the same"?

You have mentioned it correctly,

>>is 'PO*.csv'. There is one test file in the directory named PO200610111353.csv

=====

In Adapter try the following options :

Check whether you have selected the correct option SENDER / RECEIVER

Transport protocol- File transfer protocol(FTP)

Message Protocol- File Content Conversion

Data Connection - passive

Connection Security - None

Connect mode - per file transfer

Transfer mode- Binary

Quality of service-Exactly once

Pollinterval -10

Processing mode-delete

File type-Text

======

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your scenario is not working!!! resasons can be various:

1)Check whether yoour Communicatuion Channels are activated.

2) The CC's source directory and file is having the same name as the sorce directory and filename.

3) CSV file is the one you want to use! (ie its having the same separators and all?)

Check these and try to debug.

Check in SXMB_MONI too.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping, but none of these, unfortunately.

Ivan

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto Runtime Workbench and see in Adaper monitoring is it is green and everything is fine.

Also make sure that the Status is Active in communication channel. BTW did you create a sender agreement.

Regards,

prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I see that Adapter engine is green. But when I go to Adapter monitoring from there, I can only see one adapter - JPR, and that one is red. Where are all other adapters? When I created communication channel, all where in the list.

BR, Ivan

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do a comple CPA cache refresh SXI_CACHE as well.

BTW is this a new system and is there any other scenario that was working fine... ?

Regards,

Prakash