Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Interest form - different INTIT_EXTF struc in DEV and PRO

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I created a copy of standard customer interst form F_INTITAR_SF which uses generated structure INTIT_EXTF. Everything worked fine until the form was transported to production where it reported syntax error.

It seems that INTIT_EXTF in production has one field less compared to the same struc in development. The field is KIDNO (Payment Reference).

This is a generated structure, so I suppose it should be re-generated in production in a special way to include this field. However, I don't know how.

Please help!

Kind regards,

Igor Barbaric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will suggest you to check the structures in both the systems.

You can transport the Structure from development to production.

What do you mean by generating a structure?

--Ragu

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Ragu,

My question emerged from checking the structures in both systems. That is how I noticed the difference in the first place.

I don't know what I mean by "generating a structure". That's exactly what I'd like someone else to tell me. I know that it is generated because this is written in its description.

The idea of transporting the structure to production occured to me too as the last desperate option. Before I do a hack like this, I would like to explore ways to do it properly, because I know nothing about the process that generates it. Maybe this structure is just one part of changes to the system which take place.

Thanks for your effort!

Regards,

Igor

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There won't be any change in DDIC or programs until you upgrade your service level or apply a note or make any correction instruction (By following a note). Please check with these. Otherwise I don't feel that structure would be generated.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Ragu,

There's nothing to "feel" here. Here's what short description of the structure says (I quote): "## AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED. DO NOT CHANGE OR RE-USE ! ##". I think there's no room for interpretations here.

Now, I don't need general assumptions about possibility that this can be resolved by some unspecified note or service pack (by the way, both systems are on the same package level). I think that we can assume that everybody who posts questions in forum first tries to find solution in other ways (including notes). I am not an exception.

What I need is specific and concrete instructions by someone who has experience with this and <u>knows</u> what's going on.

Regards,

Igor

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read my reply properly.I don't propose solutions just by shooting at the air. I don't assume anything. Keep in mind, I have not suggested any change, I asked you check your package level and when that structure was created/changed.

If you can assume that everyone tries to find the solution before posting, why didn't you try how the structure was generate, or what you mean by generating.

I know you will come back saying "there was inconsistencies in the transported objects", Keep in mind production systems always have state "Not Modifiable" if it is exceptional in your case then I will not call as production system.

--Ragu

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Ragu,

We obviously don't understand each other, but I will not continue this argument and let it escalate to fight.

Thank you for your effort so far!

You had an interesting suggestion and deserved points for that, which I gave you.

Regards,

Igor

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone!

I found the solution with help from the girls in our FI team:

The program RFINTITUSEREXT generates this structure and must be run in every system in order to add/remove fields.

Regards,

Igor

former_member225688
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barbaric,

I need same kind of solution , can you please help me out. I have tried executing the same program and it went into error.

I have added one extra field in the INTIT_EXT structure and now i need same field to be auto generated in INTIT_EXTF.

However i am not able to achieve same. Please help its urgent. Thanks.

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Dnyaneshwar,

This was very long time ago, I change many jobs meanwhile and really can't remember specific details about this problem. I am very sorry that I can't help you more.

KR,

Igor

former_member225688
Participant
0 Kudos

No Problem Barbaric Thanks for update I will check some other online help

Answers (0)