cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding object_id in the MAM customer enhancement tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the significance of the object_id key in the customer enhancement table.

Should every row in the customer enhancement table have a unique object_id key.

Thanks

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

object_id should be filled for most records in customer enh.tables to display them properly. DB is querried by this field to distinguish which fields belong to which object.

Where it should be present and what it consists of is defined on table by table basis.

Examples:

1. CE_NOTIF_HEADER contains all enh. for the same notification header. ObjectID can be empty as all records from this table will be displayed at once.

2. CE_NOTIF_CAUSE table will contain all enhancements for all causes for all items in the same notification.

ObjectID is this case will be a combination of itemID + causeID to uniquely identify that enh. belongs to a particular cause.

Cheers,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja.

AFAIK you use this ID in order to link one extension row to one row of the original table. The extension tables are generic and one row only contains on field with one value. So you must link this field to a row of the original table in order to extend the original table with a new column.

But I must admit that I never used the ectensions this way. I only add values to the extension tables without considering the object ID because I have no need to link my extension to a specific row. I only need some single extension values e.g. extension of MAM010 header.

I hope this helps a bit. If you find out how it really works pls let us know. I also posted a similar question here:

But no answers where given.

Cheers,

Sascha