cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worry about the JDBC Receiver process behavior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All.

I meet this situation. Use JDBC receiver to select datas from DB2 and after that update these datas which just were selected with a read mark. I use two statements, one is select, another is update.

What if when between the selecting and the updating, another transaction inserts datas into the table. Is this situation leads to a difference in the operation set of datas between selecting and updating. If this problem really exists, is there any method to solve it.

Looking forward to your guys ideas.

alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Bhavesh.

I find out JDBC receiver adapter has the option of transaction level too, just like the JDBC sender adapter. Will this option makes sense to achieve my requirement.

And thank you for your suggestions.

alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree JDBC receiver adapter has the same options too, but, you need to understand that this Transaction Handling will be for only one STEP of the BPM.

If you are going to Select and Update the Database using a single Message ( making one single call with multiple STATEMENT level tags each for Select and Update ), then transaction handling will work.

But, if you are going to select data from the DB using a Send Synch Step in the BPM and then again in a SEPARATE step update the datatabase, then the transaction handling will not help.

Hope this clears ,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my situation is exactly the case of "using a single Message ( making one single call with multiple STATEMENT level tags each for Select and Update )". FYI, I comfirm the available options of the transaction level.

Thank you.

alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

><i>my situation is exactly the case of "using a single Message ( making one single call with multiple STATEMENT level tags each for Select and Update )".</i>

If that is the case, set the transcation level to serializable and it will work fine.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you planning to use a Sender or Receive JDBC adapter?

if you are using a Sender JDBC adapter with a Select and Update statement in the same JDBC adapter,then this can be handled by Setting the Transaction level to SERIALIZABLE in the Sender JDBC adapter .

In the case of Receiver JDBC adapter , as you will be using a BPM and making Synchronous call in different Steps of the BPM, you need to look at options in the database itself wherein when you select some data from the DB, the transaction gets locked for read and write.

Regards,

Bhavesh