cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Syndicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are we basically doing in MDM Syndicator?

Business needs and that kind of explaination is needed..

Reg,

-Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

MDM Syndicator is used to extract data from MDM repository into files, databases etc. In order to do this, you can create a target structure in Syndicator and map your MDM repository fields to this structure. You can also save this mapping for your future use.

Once, you have Syndicator map in place, you can set up automatic extractions by using Syndicator server or extract via a batch process by using Syndicator Batch commands.

If you are looking for more information on Syndicator, refer to <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/28/52a8a6076d4979b08c27c7ca3aab8d/frameset.htm">MDM Syndicator Documentation</a>.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani Khambhampati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I think it's important to point out that Syndicator <b>does not connect directly</b> with any backend/client system. It simply places the right data in the right format for a broker (i.e. XI) to take it and do what it needs to be done.

Customers usually ask why doesn't MDM connect to backends for data harmonization. The thing is, that MDM is for Data Administration, and it's not a Bus for Data. Therefore, if you need business logic for data delivery, auditing and queues, you are looking for a broker, not a Central Catalog.

I hope this helps

Alejandro

Answers (0)