cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"java.lang.NullPointerException for Creatng Scenario in ID"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell..how this problem resolves?

Just now we have installed PI (NW2004s) and trying to make small application , I made design in IR and now i am trying to configure scenarion in ID..

when I am trying to crete new scenarion though Object (Menu bar)..its taking internal communication and after that giving Error: "java.lang.NullPointerException

details:

<b>internal problem occured(INTERNAL_PROBLEM)

java.lang.null pointer Exception.</b>

tell me how we resolve this issue for making scenario?

and other doubt is : when I login ID ..there is blank screen with tabs Scenario/Objects/Changelists..

does this show defult scenario? or any other things?

Thanks

Sankar!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cross check the below:-

1.Ensure that the required JDK is being used in the client system

2.Start>Programs>Java Web Start>File>Preferences>Advanced>Clear Folder

3.The jars are already downloaded in some other client system, then copy them to the following path...Drive\Documents and Settings\Client-User\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\javaws\cache... in the client system and try opening the IB.

Also go thro' Shabarish's blog on 'Trouble logging to Integration Builder ( IR / ID )':-

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

Thanks for your quick reply...i have checked and reintilized java webstart..!! Still same problem..!!

If I am able to work on IR , then there should be allow me to work on ID also..but while creating scenarion only i am getting this problem. I have successfully created components and products and i am able to imported those components in IR and created DT,MT,MI,MM,IM and activated successfully..!!

Probably some post installation steps messed up..!

Thanks

Sankar

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sankar,

just try to refresh the all Caches ie SLD cache (Directory->Environment->SLD cache Refresh)

Also check out these SAP notes- 817920, 764176

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Yes while i am doing cache refresh ..i am getting follwoing error.

Unable to determine the name of the central Adapter Engine from the System Landscape Directory at this time.

Notification to the central Adapter Engine are therefore listed using the technical name of the Adapter Engine.

This is usually structured as follows

<b>af.<SAP System ID>.<Name of application server></b>

So need to work on this:

Thanks

Sankar

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think you are going thru SAP note- 764176 (Incosistent SLD) else go thru it

Related Discussion-

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is your xi running on AIX operating system ?

If yes, check SAP Note 859465.

This will solve your problem.

Br,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, PILearn,

I am with the same problem that you.

Did you have solved this?

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try following:

Import the following .tpz file into the integration repository from the XI content

XI7_0_SAP_BASIS_7.00_09_00.tpz

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will help you,

1. Go to http://<host>:<port>/rep/start/index.jsp

2. Choose Administration

3. On the Repository tab(and Directory tab), choose Java Web Start Administration

4. Re-initialization

5. Try once more for IR and ID. so that this will make you to download IR and ID from the beginning.

6. Reinstall your client side java webstart.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Gennerally you are not supposed to get this error. Are you sure you carried out all the post installation configuration guide. Close and open the ID once again.. try to install JRE once again and restart ur machine. Or check the same in some other machine if you are getting the same error.

<i>>>>and other doubt is : when I login ID ..there is blank screen with tabs Scenario/Objects/Changelists..</i>

You will not have any default scenarios in ID or IR. It will be blank.

Regards,

Prakash