Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Portal Page URL in Web Dynpro IFrame

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a Web Dynpro application that runs in the portal.

The application creates iframes dynamically.

I want to set in the iframes portal pages.

In order to get the page's url, I go to content admin, navigate to the page and then press the 'preview' button then I copy the url from the browser's address bar.

I copy the url from the '/irj....' to the src property of the IFrame UI element.

So the source property looks something like this:

/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.mycomp.Omri!2fcom.mycomp.TestPage

When I run the project I get:

<i>Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

Access denied (Object: portal_content/.../...).

Exception id: 06:01_17/10/06_0015_4401150

See the details for the exception ID in the log file</i>

The page's permissions are set to everyone so I don't know why do I get this error.

So, how do I set portal page url in Web Dynpro IFrame?

p.s

I tried to use NavigatinTarget in the URL and it works. The problem is that the TLN is included. I want to display only the page.

Thanks,

Omri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I general you should not use IFRames inside a WD application. Only really stateless content could be run successfully as the iFrame is reloaded for each WD roundtrip.

In NW04s there is the IWDPageService, which allows you to display any iView / page. You should use this approach. Please have a look also to the portal / WD integration series on NW04s here in the SDN.

Best regards

Jochen

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen Guertler,

I use the IFrames for displaying stateless content.

I couldn't find any example for the IWDPageService besides the code snippet in help.sap.com (also, I couldn't find any javadoc to see if it's available for pages also).

Moreover, I'm using NW2004 and not NW2004s. Does the IWDPageService available for NW2004?

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Omri,

You get cross-domain issues with JavaScript on client side. Seems that portal iView and WD application are from different domains.

Btw, it's a strange idea to embed portal page in WD component. Hmmm... even your error is strange -- I guessed that script in portal page will not find necessary JavaScript functions...

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

I have only one domain...

I searched SDN and I found this post:

/message/1259616#1259616 [original link is broken]

Daniel Wroblewski from SAP says:

<i>This, naturally, sounds like a permission issue. Two steps:

• You must give the Everyone group end-user permission to the iView. This will eliminate the error and cause a login screen to display.

• If you want to eliminate the login screen, you must set the iView property Authentication Scheme to anonymous.</i>

I will try it tomorrow in the Office.

Omri